cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone set up

GBJJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

trying to set up my wifes phone. went through everything and got an " oh oh" message. when I try to start over it says sim card is in use by someone else.  that would be me.  what now?

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@GBJJ wrote:

trying to set up my wifes phone. went through everything and got an " oh oh" message. when I try to start over it says sim card is in use by someone else.  that would be me.  what now?

I'm replying 2 hours after your query. You should have had success by now. As long as you have followed everyone's advice. But keep in mind that sometimes you screw up and sometimes pm's activation page screws up. My fourth number activation was the worst with 50/50 blame. It's important to remember going "back" while activating is 99% of the time cause a problem. Don't do it. Take your time instead and review your answers before submitting and going to the next page.  Be careful with your credit card address. Have a copy of your statement. Enter it exactly as shown (capital letters, a mix etc...) Do not fill in the unit/ apt box and do not use a space in your postal code. Start with your browser clear and use secret/incognito mode. If you get an error page, info won't enter (like d.o.b.) Or an endless loading you have to start over and wait an hour. Enjoy a glass of cabernet sauvignon...have you tried J.Lohr? Go for ice cream...Lois & Frimas in Ottawa is the best ice cream I've ever had or you know?...the wife and you have an hour to kill....then try again.

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just wanted to add, the welcome email does take a while to come so don't rely on that as a indication of successful activation.  It's very possible it might have just failed to create your self serve account if it's after payment.

I got my welcome email when I joined ten months ago three weeks after activation...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GBJJ 

If you did not submited the payment, your SIM card was not activated yet.  Wait one hour.  Restart your browser and start over again.

If you got the error after submitted your payment, your SIM card may already activated.  Try your SIM card in your phone.  If you receive a welcome email from PM, it confirms that your SIM card is activated.  If your SIM card is not working, wait one hour, restart browser and start over again.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@GBJJHow far a long are you in the activation process? Have you paid yet? (check your credit card).. if it is just your SIM card that is locked out.. take a break and wait till the lock is undone in an hour or so.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@GBJJ wrote:

@GBJJ  can you go back to your original activation screen by hitting your browser's back button? If not, clear your browser's cache and wait for an hour and try the activation again. While waiting for the lock to clear, insert the sim card in the device to test if it's been activated.

Need Help? Let's chat.