cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone, no service

SharonBay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have bought a new phone. It is unlocked. It recognizes that it is Public Mobile Sim but it has no service. Network says Not Available, Phone not allowed. I have called Apple and they say is a carrier issued as there are no blocks on the phone. I need Public Mobile to unblock it please.

3 REPLIES 3

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yeah, it's really sounding like a blacklisted phone. I've been duped once like that, the phone couldn't connect after initial connection when I bought it. The guy probably declared the phone stolen so as to get a new one. There are so many fraud out there people, beware!!!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SharonBay   Did you just activate an account with Public Mobile?  It is possible the porting has not completed, so give it of couple hours.  Also have you restarted your phone?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SharonBay wrote:

I have bought a new phone. It is unlocked. It recognizes that it is Public Mobile Sim but it has no service. Network says Not Available, Phone not allowed. I have called Apple and they say is a carrier issued as there are no blocks on the phone. I need Public Mobile to unblock it please.

Did you buy it from a Third Party?  Sounds like its blacklisted. Go to devicecheck.ca and input the imei of your iPhone to see if it's blacklisted or clean

Need Help? Let's chat.