cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New number activation with data usage?

jakinl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated a new number. I had cellular data turned off. How is it possible that my account shows that I have 5.29mb data usage? Is this default for all new users? 

8 REPLIES 8

@Fred54  Ghost data during start up. It will eventually reset.

Fred54
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the same thing, I activated my phone, data disabled, and had 5.xx Mb of data used already.

jakinl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

it looks like the incorrect data corrected itself, thanks everyone!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous -- you around these days?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jakinl wrote:

I just activated a new number. I had cellular data turned off. How is it possible that my account shows that I have 5.29mb data usage? Is this default for all new users? 

Don't worry about it - it's an  insignificant amount.

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jakinl wrote:

Based on past discussions, it seems that PM defaults certain data usage amount when you access data, which is around 5 mb but it reverses and corrects to the actual data usage. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Once i had -5 megs usage.

There is definitively something going on inn the background, good news is that it's very small whatever it is

I know that mms is not supposed to count against your data, but it does so they offset, i just assumed that was itScreenshot_2019-10-21-13-17-42.png

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It seems like after a renewal there's a slight bit of data usage also.  The reset isn't perfectly at zero.  New start up might have the same effect.

Need Help? Let's chat.