cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New number, No incoming calls or data

annie8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

Just activated new SIM and got a new number. I currently cannot receive incoming calls or access data. I can only call others. Help.

10 REPLIES 10

jgiulford

Great thank you for the update.  we will keep checking.  Cheers😁

Thanks for the update @annie8 

annie8

@jgiulford @softech 

I just received a message from PM - looks like it's a nationwide issue with account creation but should be solved within 24 hours.  

@jgiulford   check your community inbox for mod update.  hope it got resolved soon.  don't forget to come back and update us.

jgiulford

No incoming calls at all....nada

I have raised a ticket for the moderator, nothing yet from them.  I will try the other method and see if i can get someones help.  

once in awhile, activation is slow and it looks like today is such a day.

can you get any incoming calls at all?  none? or some comes through some not?

you might want to open a ticket with mod ...

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jgiulford

I am having the same issue.  New SIM and Number no incoming calls allowed, Outgoing calls show as No Caller ID.  Its has been 3.5 hours already and still nothing working.  

Anyone have any other ideas?  This is a surprise for my son's birthday 

try this on iphone for update or downloading the carrier profile update

1. Connect to the computer with a USB cable

2. Start iTunes if it does not run automatically

3. The iPhone will turn on. Wait for iTunes to save it and check for updates

4. Install the operator profile update (if proposed)

5. Log out and restart

annie8

Yes, I got a new number. I activated about ~45 minutes ago and I have an iphone 11 (already tried resetting network settings etc)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@annie8   you got a new number instead of porting from another provider?  

how long have you activated?  give it another hour and reboot the phone.

also, what kind of phone you have?  some phones might have more to do

Need Help? Let's chat.