cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

Macaleken
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just signed up my daughter from lucky to public and her calls go straight to voicemail. Her last package only had 100 mins and those were used earlier in the month so I knew I couldn’t call her then. Since the change over (number port) she has been able to call out but still can not receive calls. Then I want till her package was up (sept.3) figured that would probably be the issue but I still can not call her……it goes straight to voicemail. 

I am not sure what else to do for her. Any help would greatly be appreciated 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Macaleken 

Normally it takes a day for your previous carrier to renew your monthly plan. So if your monthly plan expires on August 3, it is best that you port over to PM on August 2 to avoid carry over to the next month.

Check to see if the Lucky Mobile SIM still works. If it does then your Lucky plan was automatically renewed.

If the porting was successful, the phone should show Public Mobile on the phone. If this is the case, checking your Do Not Disturb setting. Just disable this setting.

@Macaleken 

Are you saying you activated and ported from lucky but her account expired yesterday? If your daughter didn't know to reply YES to the porting authorization then you are in a bit of a pickle and will likely need to  reactivate the lucky account to be able to port the number.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Macaleken wrote:

Hello,

I just signed up my daughter from lucky to public and her calls go straight to voicemail. Her last package only had 100 mins and those were used earlier in the month so I knew I couldn’t call her then. Since the change over (number port) she has been able to call out but still can not receive calls. Then I want till her package was up (sept.3) figured that would probably be the issue but I still can not call her……it goes straight to voicemail. 

I am not sure what else to do for her. Any help would greatly be appreciated 🙂

@Macaleken  - Welcome!

* I have private messaged you the porting phone number if this is a stuck port. *

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Leave the OLD provider SIM card in your phone to accept the PORT via SMS/text.

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this link to re-initiate the port:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.