cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer requiring new number

Nice2meetu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm getting a new sim card tomorrow to switch from Bell to Public Mobile because of the considerable price difference.

My question is, can I start off with a new number instead of using my existing number as I'm getting a lot of telemarketing, etc.

9 REPLIES 9

iolanth

Be aware that many, many numbers are recycled at this point. I've had my PublicMobile number for only 1 business day so far, and have just received 2 debt collection phone calls for whoever had this number previously. Ugh. Nothing to do with Public Mobile of course. But even a "new" (to you) number won't guarantee you don't get junk calls.

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also with Public Mobile you always have the option to change your number at any time!
You do it within self-service portal.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@XionBunny wrote:

@chukdefatey wrote:

@Nice2meetu wrote:

Hi, I'm getting a new sim card tomorrow to switch from Bell to Public Mobile because of the considerable price difference.

My question is, can I start off with a new number instead of using my existing number as I'm getting a lot of telemarketing, etc.

Why would you even assume Public Mobile knows your Bell Number? It's always up to you if you want to keep your Previous Providers Activate Number. One advantage to porting in your existing number is that you don't have to call your previous provider to cancel the service. It Auto Cancels

The poster wants a new number because their former number has telemarketers and scam calling them, they said nothing about your personal assumption. Please don't skim read and accuse people of things they did not say.

I think you need to go back to what I wrote because my answer was to the OP's original Post.

XionBunny

@chukdefatey wrote:

@Nice2meetu wrote:

Why would you even assume Public Mobile knows your Bell Number? It's always up to you if you want to keep your Previous Providers Activate Number. One advantage to porting in your existing number is that you don't have to call your previous provider to cancel the service. It Auto Cancels

The poster wants a new number because their former number has telemarketers and scam calling them, they said nothing about your personal assumption. Please don't skim read and accuse people of things they did not say.

chukdefatey

@Nice2meetu wrote:

Nice2meetu

Yes, my friend who suggested I join Public Mobile mentioned that.

Thank you

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Dont forget you can get a referral code to receive a $10 credit when you sign up. If you don't have one, you can msg someone on this community and they can give you theirs. They receive $1 a mth as long as you stay a pm customer.

Once you sign up you will get your own code so you can refer others.

Nice2meetu

Thank you so much for the quick reply, I really appreciate the info.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Nice2meetu wrote:

@Nice2meetu Yes, during activation you have the option of selecting a new number.

Need Help? Let's chat.