cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer please help

trocdau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello i am new customer i am midway activating my sim than the web site gave error and i re tried now the phone number is want is not available anymore and my sim the system said wait for 50 minutes than retry but my question is will the number I've chosen will be release too or i have lost that number, please help thank you

14 REPLIES 14

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@greciachediak : Are you sure you putting in the right number? Make sure you putting in the PIN number and not any other number like the serial number receipt number etc. On your voucher look for where it says PIN and it a 12 digit number.

@greciachediak wrote:

Hello, I am trying to activate a sim card with a recharge and the code is not recognizedHello, I am trying to activate a sim card with a recharge and the code is not recognized.

Thanks

Grecia

@greciachediak   How are you adding your voucher?  Have you tried dialing 611 or just in selfserve.  Try all the 12 digit numbers on your voucher as sometimes it's not clear which set of numbers is the actual PIN.  As suggested by @kb_mv  some vouchers can take several hours before the funds become available so you may need to keep trying thoughout the day.

@greciachediak wrote:

Hello, I am trying to activate a sim card with a recharge and the code is not recognizedHello, I am trying to activate a sim card with a recharge and the code is not recognized.

Thanks

Grecia

@greciachediak Where did you buy the voucher from? Some retailers it takes hours for the voucher to "activate" in the system for you to be able to use.

greciachediak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

Grecia

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try calling the number you chose to see what the response is, if it rings and someone picks up - then you know it's too late to get that number again. But if you get automated message like the number not in service etc, there still chance that number is not taken and will be released back into the system pool of available numbers over time - how long it takes to get released again is unknown, maybe few days.

Probably when you chose the number and the activation process crashed, that number you chose was reserved but not actually activated and paid for, so after a certain amount of time the system will realize that the that activation process won't ever be completed and finally released that number again to be selected again.

Jodes79

If you selected a number and finished the process, I'd imagine your choices would be locked into the system, and that's why you weren't able to see the number anymore...how did you make out? 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@trocdau wrote:

Its really sad, i dont know if i am able to get that number again, anyone can help please help me now thank you

Nobody here can help you. We're customers. You can use the activation chat talked about before or else you have to wait to try the activation and hope it's still available.

trocdau

Its really sad, i dont know if i am able to get that number again, anyone can help please help me now thank you

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@trocdau  System locks Sim for 50 minutes. Wait an hour clear history/cookie cache and try again. 

There is a live real human what only for activations. They closed at 8pm PST so they're still open for a bit. Maybe try talking to them. They'll help you with the activation and maybe they can find the number.

Link below.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en 

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@trocdau wrote:

Thank you for fast support but i havent get a chance to pay yet, that's where I've got error

If you have not reached the payment step, you should have no problem starting from the beginning after waiting out the session lock period.  As for the available number for selection, it is a bit of lottery.  If you cycle through the available numbers enough, maybe the ones presented to you an hour ago will still be there.  

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@trocdau wrote:

Hello i am new customer i am midway activating my sim than the web site gave error and i re tried now the phone number is want is not available anymore and my sim the system said wait for 50 minutes than retry but my question is will the number I've chosen will be release too or i have lost that number, please help thank you

You could get lucky and find one you like better this time. During activation, don't hit the back button or you'll have to start over again.

trocdau

Thank you for fast support but i havent get a chance to pay yet, that's where I've got error

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@trocdau wrote:

If it is not picked by someone else, it's possible it will come back.

BTW,  put in your SIM and confirm if you can dial out and check if PM is taken the money already.   It happened to my friends before, the web process crashed midway but in fact it was already activated. 

Need Help? Let's chat.