cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - not receiving incoming calls

lnpardy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my PM SIM yesterday, but I have yet to receive any incoming calls. Family and friends say it goes straight to voicemail? Have I missed something? 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lnpardy 

Did you port over your old number from your old carrier or did you picked a new number?

Try rebooting your phone if you picked a new number.

If you are porting over your old number,

just follow instructions from @HALIMACS@esjliv and @computergeek541 

lnpardy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All taken care of. Thanks. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@lnpardy 

Did you try:

1. rebooting device
  2. removing SIM card, reinserting it
  3. resetting networking connections

If none of this works AND you responded YES to the SMS message from prior provider to authorize the port to Public Mobile (& assuming you're not moving a landline to Public Mobile as @esjliv asks), then it sounds like a failed port.

In the morning, call the porting helpline number which I will private message you now.

(Look for the Private Message by clicking on the Envelope icon upper right hand of screen)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lnpardy wrote:

I activated my PM SIM yesterday, but I have yet to receive any incoming calls. Family and friends say it goes straight to voicemail? Have I missed something? 

@lnpardy by any chance did you port over a landline?

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over, so do not cancel your landline. When the calls start coming into your cell phone the port is likely complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@lnpardy wrote:

Did you request that a number being ported to Public Mobile. If so, you'll need to re-insert your old carrier's SIM cards to receive those phone calls. You also need to reply to a text message from the old carrier to approve the phone number transfer.

Need Help? Let's chat.