cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, new phone number (Its already in use by someone else)

melissacalvyn00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys, i activated my SIM lastnight and picked a phone number, I can make calls from my number and everything is fine (sorta). when i call my phone number, someone else answers, and she tells me she has had the number for years. my girlfriend tried calling and she got the same girl(who has had the number for years) can i just change my number?

3 REPLIES 3

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20191223_210328.jpg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes You should be able to from my account .  Sorry to hear about this @melissacalvyn00 . Welcome to PM .

@melissacalvyn00 wrote:

Hey guys, i activated my SIM lastnight and picked a phone number, I can make calls from my number and everything is fine (sorta). when i call my phone number, someone else answers, and she tells me she has had the number for years. my girlfriend tried calling and she got the same girl(who has had the number for years) can i just change my number?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@melissacalvyn00 wrote:

It's rare but this problem has happened to others.

Logon self-serve and try changing the number yourself.

If you cannot, you'll have to contact Moderators for help.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Need Help? Let's chat.