cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - Free3GB - wrong email address

jesseps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am in the process of transferring over my number from Lucky to Public Mobile. Will it take 2 hours or more like 24 hours?

I just registered using the wrong email with the promotional code, how can I change the email address, so it matches with the code. I do not want to lose out on the 3GB.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

jedjammer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Contact mods

Should be there with 72 hours at the most

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM @jesseps it could take 5 seconds or up to 3 hours. Use your Lucky sim to receive calls and texts. When it stops your port is complete. As for changing the email you have to contact the moderators and explain your situation.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jesseps , number porting should take less than 2 hours.  To correct the email address issue you need to contact the moderator team (customer service).  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.  

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@jesseps 

The porting should take a couple of hours. You can continue to use your Lucky plan until the port is complete.

Your concerns about your email address should be addressed to the moderators.

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Try contacting mods

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

I'm not sure if they will honor it or if you will need to open another one with the correct info

Need Help? Let's chat.