cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection not working

Kbvmadusha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sim card is activated, but it is not working only showing emergency calls option only

11 REPLIES 11

@Nicknox123 

Once activated a SIM card will work right away. You may have to reboot or reseat the SIM card but there should be no delay in service other than incoming if you have ported in your number. Alocked locked phone will give you a error message asking for the unlocking code. No service usually indicates an issue with the SIM card. Putting it in another phone with the same result will confirm that.

Nicknox123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 
This happened to me the first day, but it just took a bit of time to connect. I believe they say it can take up to 48 hours. 
If its been over 48 hours, your phone might be locked, you can take it to most phone/tech places to have it unlocked. 

I see a lot of people gave you advice, if none of it works, Public Mobile actually has pretty great customer service. Try using the chatbox on the website, its in the bottom right corner

@Kbvmadusha 

The more you answer our questions or tell us if you can test you can test your SIM card in another phone the quicker we can isolate the issue without giving a laundry list of possible troubleshooting solutions to get your phone working and you on your way.

But I will go out on a limb here as I suspect your SIM card did not provision properly upon activation. Testing it  in another phone will help confirm this theory.

If this is the case only the CSA's can fix this issue and you will have to contact them by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type in "SIM not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop indicating a message from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Expect a message in the morning as it's closing time for the CSA'S.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kbvmadusha wrote:

My sim card is activated, but it is not working only showing emergency calls option only

Hello @Kbvmadusha 

What does the status say on your Self Serve account?

IF ACTIVE, just to make sure...check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Were you able to try your SIM into another compatible Public Mobile device?

What is the make/model of your phone?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kbvmadusha 

Try power off your phone and wait a few minutes then power it back on.

Did you pick a new number or porting your old number over to PM?

Kbvmadusha

Yes this is a unlock phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kbvmadusha 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here 

or Here 

for android visit Here ,

if you still not working do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

Good Luck

Kbvmadusha

This is unlock phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kbvmadusha 

can you try your SIM card for another device to test ,

maybe your device is locked by old carrier, 

@Kbvmadusha 

Please test your pm sim card in another unlocked phone too so we can determine if it's a sim card or device issue.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Kbvmadusha wrote:

Can you reseat your SIM card and reboot. Is your phone unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.