cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New, bad service, and is Public Mobile hacked? See below for our communication . .

ericaf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you very much for reaching us back,

We really apologize for the long delay, and for the inconvenience this issue might have caused.

Let me kindly share with you that in order to restore you must pay $46.00 in the form of CERTIFIED CHEQUE or MONEY ORDER (NO OTHER PMT METHOD WILL BE ACCEPTED) Payable to Public Mobile, You must mail it to 320 Bayfield St Suite 201 Barrie, ON L4M 3C1- Attention: CAM AVS - ref# xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Payment must be received within 30 DAYS to avoid SERVICES BECOMING INACTIVE. Once payment is received service will be restored but IVR will still be blocked for 1 year good payment history.  

Cheers,

Gilberto.
Public Mobile Moderator Team.

Edited by computergeek541: account information removed

16 REPLIES 16

ericaf

Public was trying to charge a credit card that should not be associated with our accounts.  My last recharge was done on the 18/19 of Sept with the card associated with the accounts and the transaction shows on our statement.  

We have both moved to Virgin this afternoon and will be seeking reimbursement for the $57.50 that has gone to Public for the most recent recharge which they unfortunately can't seem to keep track of . . . if they can't keep our service connected we can't give them business!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@ericaf wrote:

I've done this twice now.  The first time lead to the send us a money order.  

I don't know any other company that suspends services on a customer who recharges early and upgrades their plan!

They must have a big disconnect between scheduled recharge dates and funds received on account . . . 

@ericaf I can confirm the message you received went to the intended recipient. There could be a mix up here with your bank. I will let your conversation with the Moderator continue to troubleshoot this.

Um... @Alan_K ... that's a bit of a privacy issue. I would suggest removing that post and this one.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ericaf wrote:

I don't know any other company that suspends services on a customer who recharges early and upgrades their plan!

They must have a big disconnect between scheduled recharge dates and funds received on account . . . 

@ericaf I can confirm the message you received went to the intended recipient. There could be a mix up here with your bank. I will let your conversation with the Moderator continue to troubleshoot this.

Alan_K

@ericaf wrote:

@ericaf I am following up with the Moderator Team to understand whether this message was intended for you. If you didn't lose your service, it most likely means it was meant for another customer. I will get in touch soon.

As a clarification, we ask for the certified cheque as a standard procedure when dealing with credit card chargeback. A credit card chargeback means the credit card has been marked as under fraudulent use (ex. a fraudster has obtained someone else's credit card) and the original holder of the credit card has marked the Public Mobile charges as fraudulent. The chargeback occurs when the bank takes back the funds paid to Public Mobile, and the Public Mobile account in question now owes money for the services already rendered. Until the fee is paid, the account is not in good standing and service becomes unavailable. 

A false credit card chargeback is a very rare case, but these intense measures are done to protect the credit card owner's information and defend against fraudsters.

Hope that helps,

Alan

@ericaf wrote:

That came directly through the Public Mobile messages.

We just recharged to switch plans a few days ago, worked fine for the first day and then this.  No charge back, transaction is on my credit card.  I'm just going to pick up a new SIM from another provider, this service is crap.

Have otherwise been happy with your service up until this point? I think it's clear reading the thread of this issue a couple of years ago that it's a back end issue of possible human error? Or at least something pm is not willing to explain but definetly their fault. But due to however the system works it's looks like a complete recreation of an account is required with you the customer taking the brunt of the catastrophy due to no fault of your own. Perfectly understandable wanting to ditch and run but public mobile needs to completely rectify this situation in a timely manner and offer compensation in the form of credit that you would be agreeable to as they have not resolved this issue internally and cannot or will not offer an explanation to its customers and community. Public relations and perception is everything in a company's success and if it's 3 or 4 customers affected by an oddball but exceptionally inconvenient  problem on pm's part how @Alan_K  handles it is important in restoring the confidence of the few (you) and the many (community) to remain as customers. I hope both you and public mobile can come to mutually satisfactory resolution.

ericaf

ericaf

That came directly through the Public Mobile messages.

We just recharged to switch plans a few days ago, worked fine for the first day and then this.  No charge back, transaction is on my credit card.  I'm just going to pick up a new SIM from another provider, this service is crap.

There was a topic posted in the last week or so that the OP was asking what to do when public mobile loses the money order after signing for it. The OP did not explain the reason he had to send it only asked what he should do now to get his account reactivated after fulfilling exactly these terms but pm was still considering his account as unpaid. I don't believe a solution was chosen that resolved the issue and respondents could only surmise why the money order was required in the first place. It's interesting that in this case it says mailed or delivered. The OP in the previous weeks post had the foresight to have it tracked to ensure delivery with documentation and proof of it being received and signed for by a moderator at pm's offices.

Seems like I won't trust Public Mobile AutoPay with anything more than prepaid credit cards from now on, lol. 

I'd forward a copy of the email directly to PM (or to Telus). Along with a (privacy-edited) copy of relevant credit card history. 

If it's a legit charge or an accounting error then they can explain it.

If it's internal fraud they can fix it. 

If it's external fraud they can kill it.

Anyone can spoof email addresses and send out spam with forged corporate/government credentials. 

chukdefatey

@ChuckYeah wrote:

So what you're saying, @chukdefatey is that if the op didn't do that, this is a mistake.

Chances are something to do with Fraud and or it's charge back related. That email only goes out if this type of a situation has happened.

So what you're saying, @chukdefatey is that if the op didn't do that, this is a mistake.

chukdefatey

^ That is almost 100% correct email. Not sure what simON is going to do in this case. That email goes out where Public Mobile suspects Fraud or if a Person has done a charge back after making a Payment via credit/debit card

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Whether it's a mistake or or not, I'd submit a ticket rather than taking history's word for it.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

This has happened before and here was the answer from PM at that time:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Account-disabled-and-no-phone-service/m-p/...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is usually sent to customers who have a bad record because they did charge back.  This is not a joke message.  Public Mobile has been known to sometimes send messages to the wrong customer.  

GR
Mayor / Maire

@ericaf  that looks like junk mail, was it in an email or text? I can't see public mobile wanting a certified cheque 

Need Help? Let's chat.