cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation

amanda2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to activate a new phone have followed all the steps I think and it does not seem to be working. Does anyone know how to get this set up properly

(moved to Getting Started category by computergeek541)

24 REPLIES 24

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would log into my self serve account. On the far right side of that page you will look for "change my number". Choose the option of "create a new one" don't choose the port number option. The system will give you a choice of a couple new numbers once you let it know the area you will be using your phone. Once you choose your new number wait to see the message "success". Power off your phone and wait 2 mins. Then power back on your phone. Try calling your new number from another phone. If things went well your phone with the new number should ring. 

Cheers. 

@amanda2019 wrote:

No problem. They messed up BIG TIME!!

I say so, ask for credit for all the grief and time you spent on here trying to get it sorted! I am serious!

amanda2019

No problem. They messed up BIG TIME!!

@amanda2019 wrote:

Everything is fixed now but it turned out that public mobile gave us a number that had already been active for months by someone else. 

I am glad it is sorted but we would never have came to that conclusion. Thanks for updating us.

amanda2019

Everything is fixed now but it turned out that public mobile gave us a number that had already been active for months by someone else. 

@Anonymous wrote:

iphone? imessage?

Maybe. I was trying to get the quick fixes done first.

@amanda2019 this really only needs to be a couple minutes, if it hasn't wworked than there are other things to try. Let us know how you are making out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

iphone? imessage?

@amanda2019 wrote:

Yes we have and it says its active status. But it wont send messages or receive them and it sends the message on the phone but the other person never receives it

Try my suggestion in my last post.

@krazykiwi wrote:

They said earlier it was a new number.

You're right.  I didn't see that message from about 5 minutes ago.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amanda2019 try the list stolen trick as mentioned above if that does nothing message the mods to investigate. 

amanda2019

Yes we have and it says its active status. But it wont send messages or receive them and it sends the message on the phone but the other person never receives it

They said earlier it was a new number.

@amanda2019 wrote:

I am able to make outbound calls and outbound texts but not able to receive and the text doesnt go through to the other person but does say it is sent

Oh, alright.  When you saying "trying to activate", that sounded as if you haven't activated yet.

@amanda2019 wrote:

Yes I have both going

Ok if it says active  then try this,

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

amanda2019

Yes I have both going

@amanda2019 wrote:

Yes everything seems active. We even set it up with the KIosk when we bought the SIM

So you are logged into your self serve account? Not the community where we are now?

amanda2019

Yes everything seems active. We even set it up with the KIosk when we bought the SIM

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Answered above while typing.

Edit

I wonder if lost stolen trick could do anything (no harm in trying) else since it's a new number then mods might need to look into it. 

@amanda2019 wrote:

No it is a brand new number

Good, did you get your self serve account all set up?

Does it show active?

amanda2019

No it is a brand new number

@amanda2019 wrote:

I am able to make outbound calls and outbound texts but not able to receive and the text doesnt go through to the other person but does say it is sent

Did you port in a number from another carrier?

amanda2019

@amanda2019 wrote:

Trying to activate a new phone have followed all the steps I think and it does not seem to be working. Does anyone know how to get this set up properly

@amanda2019  I've moved your message here so that it can getting better exposure and you can get more responses from others.  The Lounge category is mostly for topics that don't relate to the Public Mobile service.

You can always try a different browser.  How far did you get into the process? 

If you've actually gotten to the point of entering payment information, the activation system sometimes has a bad habbit of charging for the plan but then not actually activating the service.  Sometimes, the system will even mark the sim card as already used.

If you never got to entering payment information, that won't be an issue.  As I said, I would try again later, or try a different browser.

If by chance the activation server says that your sim card has already been used, or if it has already charged you for service that you're not yet receiving, you'll have to contact the moderators. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@amanda2019 wrote:

Hi and welcome.

Can you give more information, does anything work?

What does it show in settings for network?

Does your phone reconize the sim?

Need Help? Let's chat.