New activation

Reta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I clicked the activation button and nothing has happened

6 REPLIES 6

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Reta 

Are you trying to activate a new sim card?
If so and the activation did not go through. Most likely the  SImcard is locked for 50 mins to be exact. 

You can try to activate it again in an hour. Make sure to clear your browsing history/ try incognito mode or a different computer. 

If you have got to a step where you choose a new number already and have put in all your credit card information and choose the plan and the payment went through.

It could be that your account is already in "active" status at that point, restarting phone should kick start the sim card.

In order to give you the exact answer, We require more information from you.

Do let us know what step were you on!

Cheers

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Reta try using another browser or incognito mode. Should help. Disable any Adblock if you have one.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Reta wrote:

@Reta  Best to restart you computer and try the activation again.

@Reta   check to see if your credit card was charged.  If it was, insert the sim into your phone and see what happens.  Also try logging into your self service account.  Welcome to PM.  Stay safe.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Reta wrote:

You may need to clear your cache and internet history and any cookies. Are you using your own number to port over or did you sign up for a new number? 

You may need to unlock your phone if you have not already done that. Or try resetting your phone before you activate. 

1. Unlocked phone that’s compatible with Public Mobile’s network (check here to ensure compatibility).
  2. Public Mobile SIM card.
  3. Preferred plan in mind.
  4. Credit card or Visa Debit card issued by a Canadian or American financial institution and is registered to a Canadian or American address, or a Public Mobile payment voucher.

All set? Visit  this link if you have further issues

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try refreshing your browser. Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.