cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation says incorrect SIM

arolt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm new to PM and I have a phone I'm bringing in.  I ordered a SIM card online and now trying to activate it.  I have NOT removed the SIM card from the package yet and have NOT put it in the phone.  I went through activation of creating an account and when I try to complete it, the system tells me the SIM card number is incorrect.  It's not.  I've double-checked the number multiple times.  I tried to submit a ticket through the chat bot ticket creation page and that now doesn't let me "verify" my account in order to submit the ticket, I'm guessing because it's not using my "community" credentials, but because it's looking for an actual PM account which isn't/can't be created yet?  Talk about a frustrating experience.  I'm about to eat this $5 SIM and shop somewhere else.  It's also giving me a 2nd error to enter the referral code, which again is put in there given to me from a friend.

4 REPLIES 4

arolt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Turns out, the ONLY thing the live operator suggested is to try to activate it on Chrome instead of Firefox.  Being in IT, I hate that answer, but I obliged.... and it WORKED!
So, for anyone in the same boat, save yourself a lot of headache and anger and try it on Chrome first.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@arolt if you are getting the invalid sim card error them you need to wait for an hour from there current session lock too clear before attempting the activation again.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@arolt wrote:

I'm new to PM and I have a phone I'm bringing in.  I ordered a SIM card online and now trying to activate it.  I have NOT removed the SIM card from the package yet and have NOT put it in the phone.  I went through activation of creating an account and when I try to complete it, the system tells me the SIM card number is incorrect.  It's not.  I've double-checked the number multiple times.  I tried to submit a ticket through the chat bot ticket creation page and that now doesn't let me "verify" my account in order to submit the ticket, I'm guessing because it's not using my "community" credentials, but because it's looking for an actual PM account which isn't/can't be created yet?  Talk about a frustrating experience.  I'm about to eat this $5 SIM and shop somewhere else.  It's also giving me a 2nd error to enter the referral code, which again is put in there given to me from a friend.

@arolthi try the live chat for activations here  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@arolt Contact the moderators via direct messaging here;

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.