cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation, ported phone number, no service...

abertin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just signed-up with public mobile, no less than 20 mins. ago and have successfully ported my number with my old carrier.

However and upon completion, my phone(iPhone 12 Pro) is no longer working, when I enter the cellular section, it asks me for a plan QR code, the options are, enter manually or scan a code.

With that said, does anyone know how to set that up, or what I need to do to get my phone working again?

21 REPLIES 21

@abertin 

@abertin wrote:

Didn't think to try my old sim, tried it and it works ...

I don't understand, I received approval text, followed by the good-bye message...

Will need to call my previous provider tomorrow and see what's up 

At least you have a working phone.  Call tomorrow your previous service provider to see what happened.  You may need to re-initiate the port request.  

abertin

Didn't think to try my old sim, tried it and it works ...

I don't understand, I received approval text, followed by the good-bye message...

Will need to call my previous provider tomorrow and see what's up 

@abertin 

@abertin wrote:

Thanks, I have opened a ticket.

With that said, if they can fix the issue, that would be really great 

FYI

Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Some CSAs do work over night, but not as many.   

Is your old carrier's SIM card still working?  Just wondering if the port was indeed successfully completed.

As you wait for CSA, not sure whether you want to try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It seems to reset your account and solve some account glitches.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

abertin

Thanks, I have opened a ticket.

With that said, if they can fix the issue, that would be really great 

@abertin   it could be just a SIM provisioning issue and could be an easy fix..   If you opened a ticket already, have the PM agent to check for you

(check the envelope icon on the top right , PM agent will work with you via messaging with you there.)

abertin

Don't have an issue with PM, the sim card is defective, it happens...
Just can't wait for a replacement by mail and /or travel 3 hours tomorrow unfortunately, and I  absolutely need my number online.

With that said, if PM can get the sim working, that's great, otherwise, I'll take the hit and move the number as a quick fix

@abertin wrote:

Hi, I just signed-up with public mobile, no less than 20 mins. ago and have successfully ported my number with my old carrier.

@abertin wrote:

Yes, trying to port from Public Mobile...

you just signed up today and already moving away?  Don't want to give PM a  chance? you porting out because of the possible faulty SIM?  Honestly, if it is a broken SIM, it is not all PM 's fault.

@abertin wrote:

Okay, so I finally managed to login after clearing cache and using VPN

With that said, is it possible to port my number out without a working sim card?

I have another card from another provider and need my phone, no time to wait for a replacement and I'm 3 hours out from nearest city.

Any chance a support person can approve the transfer?

The system says I need to approved a text message to complete the port, which is clearly not an option without service ...

@abertin 

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

abertin

Yes, trying to port from Public Mobile...

Will open ticket

@abertin wrote:

With that said, is it possible to port my number out without a working sim card?

Are you porting your PM number out already ? or you menat you have a broken sim from your previous provider and you are trying to port in?

either way, call the provider where you try to port out and see if they are willing to do you the favour. YMMV.  

if you are porting out from PM, you need to open a ticket with them and explain the situation.

abertin

PS. phone not locked, tried different sim card everything worked - also tried Public Mobile card in another phone - dead as a doornail..

abertin

I have another card from another provider and need my phone, no time to wait for a replacement and I'm 3 hours out from nearest city.

Any chance a support person can approve the transfer?

The system says I need to approved a text message to complete the port, which is clearly not an option without service ...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@abertin  What provider was your number with previously?

Maybe your phone is locked?

Phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

EDIT: 

Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options.

An option like Cellular Data Network indicates an unlocked iPhone.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@abertin wrote:

I did all that, nothing works

I'm also having a heck of a time with my Public Mobile account, I keep getting login failed message....

Tried resetting password, and it says it was changed, but I still cannot login...

@abertin 

If changing password doesn't work, you'll need to open a ticket with CS:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@abertin wrote:

Okay, it's the sim card - useless

Tried another card, worked instantly - no issues

Public Mobile card is a dud ...

did you try PM card on another phone?

abertin

Also really dumb to be locked-out before logging-in.

Never had the chance to confirm, login rejected before even logging-in...

The form stated 5 tries, but was locked-out of the account before even trying.

abertin

Okay, it's the sim card - useless

Tried another card, worked instantly - no issues

Public Mobile card is a dud ...

@abertin   did you try your SIM on another phone?  try it on one without eSIM support.

with your My Account issue.  It could also be because you tried too many time and temporary  locked your account?   You can wait an hour before trying again.  Also, when you  decide to try, try it on another browser or incognito mode.

abertin

I did all that, nothing works

I'm also having a heck of a time with my Public Mobile account, I keep getting login failed message....

Tried resetting password, and it says it was changed, but I still cannot login...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@abertin wrote:

However and upon completion, my phone(iPhone 12 Pro) is no longer working, when I enter the cellular section, it asks me for a plan QR code, the options are, enter manually or scan a code.

With that said, does anyone know how to set that up, or what I need to do to get my phone working again?

@abertin 

Public Mobile does not use QR codes.

Reboot your phone, and perform a RESET of your Network Settings.

After do these things does this QR code go away or can you bypass it?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@abertin   you selected the wrong SIM.. the phone is trying to use eSIM.  Go back and pick physical SIM,. 

https://apple.co/3l5yhyQ

If you cannot disable or skip eSIM activation process, turn the phone off, remove the physical sim, inserted it back, turn the phone and see if the phone is using it.

You might try to reach out to Apple support at https://apple.co/2R5AQRZ .

there was a thread two weeks ago have similar issue.  The phone keeps asking for eSIM.  The OP has to go to Apple store and turns out the physical SIM slot has issue and they replaced with a new phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.