cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation ported from Freedom Mobile not connecting

getbrenda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Freedom has confirmed my cell number has been ported to Public Mobile. Phone is unlocked (Samsung Galaxy SGH-i337m). IMEI is good. Settings were on LTE/WCDMA/GSM. Phone has now been hard reset. PHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED. "Selected network (Public Mobile) unavailable" When attempt call: "Not registered on network"  
I DID NOT read all of the forum warnings prior to activation, and attempted to port at activation... I had my existing up-to-date account and all information with me at activation.
Porting has simply failed on the network side. This entire message INCLUDING my pin , account , and number was sent to Moderators yesterday - still no response. 
I understand this is a self-serve network, but I assumed that any network-related shortcomings I would have the ability to resolve within a 24hr window.
PLEASE HELP!
9 REPLIES 9

@popping wrote:

@getbrenda

Is you phone have LTE/WCDMA setting without the GSM?

If yes, change it and restart your phone.

PM/Telus does not support GSM(2G).  It is something to try while you are waiting for moderator.  I do not know whether it will make any difference.

@popping wrote:

@getbrenda

PM/Telus does not support GSM(2G).  It is something to try while you are waiting for moderator.  I do not know whether it will make any difference.

The network type selector wouldn't be the issue in this type of case.  When the message saying "selected network is unavailable", this means that the either the sim card isn't active or that the plan and/or carrier doesn't allow customers to use that particular network.  In this case, the correct network of Public Mobile is selected as a manual selection. 

To my knowledge, that message that message does not get displayed if the network selection is set to automatic, and the phone would just dispaly "no service" or "emergency calls only" if the network connection isn't permitted, hence my conculsion that I believe that the network has been selected manually from the list.

If the network type setting was set incorrectly (ie. the LTE/GSM/HSPA setting), the phone wouldn't even see the network, nor would it be trying to connect to the Public Mobile network (which it is trying to).

getbrenda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not the issue. Have determined this is a failed port issue. Have talked with Freedom. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I ported my wife’s number from freedom mobile to PM about 2 weeks ago and it was a similar experience. But I did it in the night time, borrowing from another friends experience. I did not panic and didn’t even contact the moderator as I know from few experience that porting from freedom mobile takes some time to finally go through. By early morning next day, it’s still not through but before 9am, wallah, it’s up and running.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@getbrenda

@RobertQc wrote:

@getbrenda wrote:
Freedom has confirmed my cell number has been ported to Public Mobile. Phone is unlocked (Samsung Galaxy SGH-i337m). IMEI is good. Settings were on LTE/WCDMA/GSM. Phone has now been hard reset. PHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED. "Selected network (Public Mobile) unavailable" When attempt call: "Not registered on network"  
I DID NOT read all of the forum warnings prior to activation, and attempted to port at activation... I had my existing up-to-date account and all information with me at activation.
Porting has simply failed on the network side. This entire message INCLUDING my pin , account , and number was sent to Moderators yesterday - still no response. 
I understand this is a self-serve network, but I assumed that any network-related shortcomings I would have the ability to resolve within a 24hr window.
PLEASE HELP!

Stick in your old freedom sim card and wait for the mod team, once the old freedom sim card is dead stick in the PM sim. Sorry for the response time they are busy. Good things come to those that wait 🙂 They WILL take care of you

Unfortunately, that won't work in this case because the customer phoned up Freedom and wad told the number was already ported.

There isn't anyone here who can help you, other than moderators.  Account related issues can onky be fixed by them.  Sorry, but you'll just have to wait until they get to you.  Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

For anyone wondering, this phone device must already be unlocked since Wind never sold the i337m S4.  In fact, that model isn't even officially compatible with Freedom Mobile.

Also the i337m is absolutely compatible with Public Mobile. This is the same version  that Telus, Bell, Rogers sold.  In additon,  since the Public Mobile network is found in the network scan.  From what I can see from the message that you see, I believe you are using manual network selection.  The only thing that I can think of would be to switch it back to Autimatic.

It sounds to me as if the system never activated your sim card.

Tough spot. You could try my "failsafe" backup: an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@getbrenda wrote:
PLEASE HELP!

Stick in your old freedom sim card and wait for the mod team, once the old freedom sim card is dead stick in the PM sim. Sorry for the response time they are busy. Good things come to those that wait 🙂 They WILL take care of you

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It sounds like your port failed to go through properly.  At this point, you just need to wait for the Moderator Team to answer you.  Unfortunately, the wait times are about 48hrs due to high volumes.

Need Help? Let's chat.