cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation - issue with SIM card number

elpa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm helping someone activate a new public mobile account.  I was filling in the online account set up and when reviewing the order saw I had entered my postal code instead of her postal code.  I hit previous until I reached the account set up screen with the address and fixed the error.  Now when I hit continue it says invalid SIM.  In a separate tab I tried to login using the new credentials and it says the user doesn't exist.  How do I get it to accept the new SIM number ?

Thank you
elpa

5 REPLIES 5

@elpa wrote:

This was before the payment page.  It seems odd to have a review page to confirm your information is correct and then be unable to actually go back and correct it.

That's the way the site is. After that, all you can do is wait and try latrer. Did you get it to work?

elpa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This was before the payment page.  It seems odd to have a review page to confirm your information is correct and then be unable to actually go back and correct it.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@elpa wrote:

Hello,

I'm helping someone activate a new public mobile account.  I was filling in the online account set up and when reviewing the order saw I had entered my postal code instead of her postal code.  I hit previous until I reached the account set up screen with the address and fixed the error.  Now when I hit continue it says invalid SIM.  In a separate tab I tried to login using the new credentials and it says the user doesn't exist.  How do I get it to accept the new SIM number ?

Thank you
elpa

Never hit back on a Public Mobile activation or you will have to start over. Did you notice before sending payment. If you tried to go back while it was finishing the activation, you might need the moderators to finish your account.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@elpaOnce you have started your activation, if you get disrupted eg by hitting previous.. you will need to wait an hour or so, so the SIM number is unlocked from the activation server and try again.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@elpa 

Website is finicky at times.  

Close all the webbrowser.  Clear cache.  Re-try again.  Incognito mode might be another option.  

May also need some time in between attempts.  

Need Help? Let's chat.