cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation failed, now SIM invalid/escalating issues to moderators

worksitedepot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.

Last night I attempted activating a new SIM online. I went through the new activation process, put in my new SIM, filled out all necessary information, picked my $25plan, chose a phone number, and finally entered my $40 voucher as payment. It hung at the processing stage for quite some time, before finally telling me that the activation was not successful and to try again. 

Now when I try again, its telling me my SIM is invalid. I am aslo worried about what happened to my $40 voucher I had entered in the glitchy activation process, since it gave an error. Can anyone give some insight? I was planning on using this phone for business and needed it activated asap, but so far my PM experience hasn't been great. I tried to escalate this in the get help section, and the form to fill out said you have to verify yourself first by either entering your PIN, or entering 3 of the personal information fields. I obviously dont have a PIN (since this is a new activation, and it gave my an error the first try), So I took the other option and filled out the 3 fields of personal info (name, address, email). Again, I could not obviously fill out the other fields (phone number etc) because I dont have that info yet, because the activation failed. 

If someone can shed some light on this Id really appreciate it. I definitely want to give PM a try after reading reviews, but as of now Im a frustrated new client.

Thanks guys

16 REPLIES 16

worksitedepot

Thanks for your help.

So i think i figured out the issue.It wont even recognize that a sim card is in there. I popped an active chatr sim card in and it still says theres no sim in the phone. So basically the phone isnt reading any SIM. sucks, cause i was intending on using the berry with PM as a second line strictly for talk and text. Now i need to grab a new phone 😫

Thanks for the help

@worksitedepot  Try setting the network to 3g instead of auto/LTE. LTE is a bit hit & miss for those phones but 3g is fine and necessary anyway for calls. Texting and data work on the 3g network.

What is the exact message on the Blackberry when you reboot with the PM SIM installed?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@worksitedepot what does it say in your notification bar? no service? maybe the blackberry is locked... try changing the preferred network type to 3g I don't think the z30 supports publics LTE frequencies

worksitedepot

Thanks for everyone's help. Mod replied back. Seems as though the activation went though. I am using a Blackberry Z30, which shows as a compatible phone on the list, yet it won't recognize the sim on the Z30. When i popped the sim into my samsung s5, it works. Not sure why the blackberry isn't working.

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You might have successfully activated your account. Try signing in to your my account with the credentials you entered. If it fails try forget password with your email to reset your password then try signing in again.

@worksitedepot wrote:

I attempted the activation last night. waited an hour, tried again didnt work. Tried again on different browsers this morning, still saying invalid.

@worksitedepot  If that is the case then your account is activated (or partially activated). Did you try the sim card in your device? If yes, does it connect to the Public Mobile network? If yes, what happens when you dial 611?

Did you try to access your selfserve account

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

If your card connects to the PM network then click here to register your selfserve account.

@worksitedepot 

Did you try using the phone?

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@worksitedepot the moderator response time is anywhere up to 48 hours. They recently have averaged around 2 to 4 hours. 

@worksitedepot wrote:

Thanks. Generally how long do they take?

Based on my recent experiences, moderator team response time is within an hour or two.  The response time is workload dependent and so it can vary.  

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@worksitedepot it looks like your account was created. What happens when you place the sim in the phone and try to log into your self service account? If it doesn't work, contact he moderators. Welcome to Public Mobile.

worksitedepot

Thanks. Generally how long do they take?

worksitedepot

Yeah boss tried that too. Got that tip from some of the other threads. Tried firefox, internet explorer and chrome. Nothing.

Do you have to wait an hour each time when trying new browsers?

@worksitedepot

You can contact the moderators here to make sure you get your service up and running,

type in account issue
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@worksitedepot...try using a different web browser..I use Firefox and it seems to be fine.

Clear your cache files and try using incognito mode or Private mode.

Let us know if anything works.

worksitedepot

I attempted the activation last night. waited an hour, tried again didnt work. Tried again on different browsers this morning, still saying invalid.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Test your sim

If it didn't work then it's locked wait an hour.

You can also get some love assistance here

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en 

Need Help? Let's chat.