cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account

Coldwind1979
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just active a new sim card. I can send text message. However, i can not call out and receive call. Why?

7 REPLIES 7

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Coldwind1979 wrote:

Just active a new sim card. I can send text message. However, i can not call out and receive call. Why?

PM support 3G and LTE signals and does not support GSM(2G)

PM uses 3G for voice call only.  If you have an older Rogers phone supports GSM only, you may not be able to call anyone with PM service.

Which phone are you using?

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Might be helpful to contact a mod as maybe something messed up. 

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Click on the question mark in on the right side to start a chat with SIMon. You can then submit a ticket to have the Mods contact you.
  • You can also send a private message to the Mods by clicking here. You will need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST.

@gblackma wrote:

@Coldwind1979  did you port your number? It can take up to 3 hours to complete if from a cell provider and up to 7 days if its a voip number or landline. Stay safe. Welcome to PM. 

I do not believe this to be any type of porting issue since outgoing phone calls aren't working.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Coldwind1979 wrote:

@Coldwind1979  Make sure your phone is set to use a combo of 3G/4G/LTE and not just LTE. Even if you ported in your number you should still be able to dial out. Call 611 from your device what happens?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Coldwind1979  did you port your number? It can take up to 3 hours to complete if from a cell provider and up to 7 days if its a voip number or landline. Stay safe. Welcome to PM. 

@Coldwind1979 wrote:

Which model is your phone?  There have been some instances where customers had devices that were compatible with LTE at Public Mobile but not the 3g network. 3g network compatibility is required for phone calls.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Coldwind1979 wrote:

Have you tried rebooting your cell phone ?

Need Help? Let's chat.