cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account

pmangaluz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi i have just switch to Public mobile, i wonder how long to get the new sim card works? It's been about two hours still can not text nor call. Please help. Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

@jules3 wrote:

I've recently ported my number from another phone provider and this was the timeline:

• 4:00pm Picked up the SIM card and activated my account with PM, which included the porting.
  • 4:15pm Received a confirmation text from my previous phone provider, and I allowed the transfer.
  • 8pm Could receive calls, texts and data was working fine.

So I believe it could take a few hours for the switch to happen.

Yes, porting can take a a few hours. However, the point was that there is an issue here that is unrelated to number porting. Outgoing calls do not take any amount of time before it starts working for a new customer even if a nubmer port was requested.

jules3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've recently ported my number from another phone provider and this was the timeline:

• 4:00pm Picked up the SIM card and activated my account with PM, which included the porting.
  • 4:15pm Received a confirmation text from my previous phone provider, and I allowed the transfer.
  • 8pm Could receive calls, texts and data was working fine.

So I believe it could take a few hours for the switch to happen.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pmangaluz 

Did you leave your old SIM in the phone and confirm you are porting over to PM?

If not, click on the SIMon bubble and ask to talk to a moderator to help you with the porting.

@esjliv wrote:

@pmangaluz ,

If it has been 2 hours...did you port and miss a text to approve the port?

Contact the Moderators if this is the case to resend the port request.

Private message the moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
OR
Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.

There's no need to wait two hours. The service is suppsoed to work immedaitely, maybe only a few seconds later or after a devcie reboot later, if everything goes as it's supposed to. The regular turnaround time for number porting doesn't mean that none of the service works (the time for porting to complete only affects incoinng as mentioned by Luddite).

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@pmangaluz  Another unrelated thought applicable to all carriers: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@pmangaluz wrote:

Hi i have just switch to Public mobile, i wonder how long to get the new sim card works? It's been about two hours still can not text nor call. Please help. Thank you!

@pmangaluz  It's instantaneous for outbound calling and data. So, open a support ticket by clicking on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pmangaluz ,

If it has been 2 hours...did you port and miss a text to approve the port?

Contact the Moderators if this is the case to resend the port request.

Private message the moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
OR
Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Can you send receive a text? What happens when you call your number?

Put your old sim back in and see if it's still functional.

IT can take up to 48 hrs but usually much quicker.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pmangaluz wrote:

@pmangaluz you should have most, if not all, your services quite quickly (depending on if you ported in a number).

Do the below:

*reboot

*removed and reinsert your SIM card

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes then back to normal mode.

Did you port a cell or landline?

Need Help? Let's chat.