cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account

Perryg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I just activated my new account. Should I have access right away or will it take a while to get set up?

9 REPLIES 9

steveb11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541

Thanks. I was just helping cover all bases.

I went through that issue myself. I was a pay-as-you-go PC Mobile customer who joined PM just a couple of weeks ago and it was a bit of a rocky road trying to get my number moved over to PM. I ended up having to call the toll-free number. My experience was that the instructions around when to switch out the SIM cards wasn't very clear either. Luckily, the tech I was speaking with on the phone was quite helpful.

@steveb11 wrote:

If you are porting a number from PC Mobile, you will likely need assistance from a moderator.

The part about former postpaid PC Mobile customers who are now at Koodo needing a moderator to port to Public Mobile is true, but postpaid PC Mobile longer exists. All remaining postpaid PC Mobile customerw became Koodo customers.

In any event, the customer has already activated, so the customer couldn't have requested to port in a number from Telus or Koodo at that time.

@steveb11 

... and Telus & Koodo.

steveb11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are porting a number from PC Mobile, you will likely need assistance from a moderator.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Perryg , you should be able to login to your self serve account based on the email address and password you selected in the activation process.  The SIM card is usable once the activation is completed.  Check your payment card to ensure the payment went through.  You should be good to go.  Welcome to Public Mobile.  

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you borrow a phone that works with Telus or Koodo and try your sim there

If it doesn't work contact mods

If it works you will need to unlock your phone

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Perryg- Outbound calling and texting should work almost immediately.  might want to restart the phone.  Inbound calls and text should work also *IF* you took a new phone number.  If you are porting a number from old provider, it could take a few hours, or even a week (in the case of a land line port - for example).  Keep using the old SIM (if you are porting in a number) until it stops working.  Then switch to your PM SIM.

@Perryg wrote:

Hi. I just activated my new account. Should I have access right away or will it take a while to get set up?

Service should work immediately.  If you're asking about your self serve account, you need to create one yourself if you activated at a store.

Need Help? Let's chat.