cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account

Blaireandnevaeh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My husband is considering leaving Bell and signing up with this company. If his phone has issues is there any warranty? Also, I’m on the bell account and my phone will be paid out in Oct.  Can he still keep his bell account until I’m ready to join?

10 REPLIES 10

One2Many
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Here is another good tip. Bell collects payment up front for monthly subscribers. When I ported Bell phone number to PM, that date became the last date I had to pay Bell. Therefore, Bell refunded me $ for the rest of the month that didn't use. Please do the porting as soon as your husband feels that PM service works well with his needs.

From happy users to all PM subscribers.

@Blaireandnevaeh Most phones purchased as new come with a one year manufacturer's warranty.  Assuming that you purchased this phone through Bell, these stores would not assist with a warranty claim after going to a different carrier. However, any remaining manufacturer's warranty would still be valid.  You'd just have to go through them.

Sarahashsm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No warranty. Keeping his account would be a question for Bell. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Blaireandnevaeh wrote:

My husband is considering leaving Bell and signing up with this company. If his phone has issues is there any warranty?

@Blaireandnevaeh  Public Mobile is strictly a Bring Your Own Device provider. They do not sell phones or provide device warranties.

Also, I’m on the bell account and my phone will be paid out in Oct.  Can he still keep his bell account until I’m ready to join?

Yes, I would recommend that your husband activates a Public Mobile sim card first with a temporary number to test the service. Once he is happy with the service he can then submit a ticket to Public Mobile and request that his Bell number be ported in to Public Mobile. Since his phone is currently with Bell it will work with Public Mobile since they share the same network. Please note that before porting your husband needs to make sure that his phone is unlocked by Bell before he can use it here.

Hope this helps!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Blaireandnevaeh 

Taking one number out of the account should not be a problem. You may lose some perks though, but it is only temporary anyways.

If there is any issues you contact the employees and they fix it. They guarantee to provide the service you paid for. If things are not working it's our responsibility to reach out and indicate something is wrong and give them the chance to fix it.

I always suggest to try it out with temporary phone number gives you time to see if all is working for you, to unlock the phone and then decide to port or not.

Welcome to public mobile

mdwallace97

If you just remove one phone off the account it should not affect your account but a good question to ask bell before you remove the phone. 
Your phone would already be paid for so there would be no warranty as you would bring your own phone to these plans. 
In October if you decide to switch be sure to use the friend referral code from your husband to receive 10$ off and he will receive 1$ off his bill.

@One2Many   You should delete your referral code as it is a violation of terms of service.  Click on the 3 dots to edit your post.

One2Many

I just switched from Bell to PM about 2 weeks ago. The only issue I had with was the activation was incorrectly done by the clerk at the Walmart where I bought the sim card. My advice if you going to buy a sim card from any store, you should be ready with answers like rebate code or referral code otherwise it doesn't work. I can refer you and you will receive $10. Please let me know if you need one. On the other hand,  If you buy it online then you do the activation your  self very easy and simple. I did mine and a lot of help from the community. It took me an hour for activation and got the $10 rebate as well. Hope this help you or someone else. Welcome to PM. I am a happy PM user now and good bye to Bell forever.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Blaireandnevaeh whose phone is the primary account holder on the Bell account? If its your husband's, try switching them and make yours the primary one. If you port the primary account holder, the plan closes. Please confirm this with Bell. Thanks.

Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if required:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Blaireandnevaeh , I am not sure what you mean by warranty?  This service does not sell hardware.  There's no refunds on the prepaid service.  As for keeping the Bell account open, I would assume that's a conversation you need to have work Bell.  If both of you have lines in the same account, moving one line will not close the Bell account.  All lines moved will close the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.