cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account

JeanMarie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New account. Installed sim card. No service. I have sent 2 messages to moderator, one yesterday and one today, with no reply. Is there a wait time for connection? Any ideas on what may be wrong? Need help.

JeanMarie

15 REPLIES 15

@1Dani wrote:

did you check the IMEI number to see that your phone is compatible with the network frequency?    https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

That would be a good idea, except that the database is full of mistakes.  I've personally witnessed the Telus database telling me that an old Nokia E73 is compatible when it doesn't even have UMTS 850 or 1900.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JeanMarie

Out of curiosity..what model of phone?

JeanMarie

Phone will not work on Canadian Networks even though it said on Amazon and PM said it was compatible also. I will have to return and get another phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1Dani wrote:

did you check the IMEI number to see that your phone is compatible with the network frequency?    https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

willmyphonework.net is better. The Public Mobile checker has been known to be unreliable. That would be where stonechucker was headed with his questions.

1Dani

@JeanMarie, what are the make and specific model of your phone?  There's a chance it may not have 3G network access, which is what the phone calls require for connection on the network.

Do any services work on the phone?  Text or Data?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JeanMarie wrote:

I am able to call my new number and leave a message. It seems like there is just no service. I call the number with another cell phone that is on the telus network (through telus) and it goes to leave a message at my new number. Why would I have service with one phone and not the other?

Maybe the call-forwarding is set to permanent on. There are several classes of call-forwarding. One of them is all calls.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Have you tried doing a

1} manual network search?

2} tried pm Sim in a different phone

Are you able to login to self serve? Try the lost stolen trick.  Not sure it will work in this situation.  Click plans then click lost stolen the toggle the lost stolen for a couple minutes. 

JeanMarie

I am able to call my new number and leave a message. It seems like there is just no service. I call the number with another cell phone that is on the telus network (through telus) and it goes to leave a message at my new number. Why would I have service with one phone and not the other?

JeanMarie

It is a new unlocked phone. Sim card appears in settings. it just will not connect.

Psygineer

Are you sure the phone you put the SIM into is unlocked? You mentioned another Telus phone in the house, try your SIM in that one and see if you can get service. Also try that Telus SIM in your phone while you are at it. See if it works, the phone might not work on the Telus/Bell network.

JeanMarie

Any Suggestions or Ideas. There is another phone in the house with service through Telus and there is service available here but my phone says service not available at this time. Try later. Thanks for any help available.

JeanMarie

GreatCanadian

Hi JeanMarie,

Are you getting any messages when you turn on your phone with the SIM card installed? I'm just trying to confirm that your phone is unlocked.

GC

JeanMarie

Online. Thanks for the reply.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Reponse times are roughly within 3 days now. They have plans to make them shorter by 2019.

Did you sign up online or instore?

Need Help? Let's chat.