cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account, still no service after 11 days

Black_Moons
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. Trying to get service but still not working after 11 days.

Day 2 I messaged mod team, 24~48 hour responce times, day 6 they said they talked to a tech and said they fixed things (said my sim was not activated properly?!?) and sent me a survey to complete..

My phone is STILL not working, and now the mod_team no longer replies to my messages I sent 5 days ago now.

Took my phone to a local phone store and they say its unlocked and its the network that is the issue. Phone says "No service (public mobile)" and "Emergency calls only"

Can find public mobile when I do a manual network search but it just says "Your sim card doesnt allow a connection to this network" when I try to register on public mobile.

Phone is a "Moto G play" updated to android 7.1.1

Would really love to get to use my phone before my 1st month service expires..

16 REPLIES 16

Black_Moons

@will13am wrote:

@Black_Moons, you mentioned the moderators did something and said the SIM was not activated properly.  I suspect whatever was affecting the activation is still lurking.  Would you be able to get another SIM card, go into the account and do a SIM swap.  Maybe that will clear up whatever is affecting the service.  BTW, it is not the moderators avoiding you.  Their backlog is unprecedented as far as I can tell.  I have been a customer for nearly 2 years and I have never seen such long response times. 

You win. Went back to shoppers drug mart and had them test the phone, check my account out, etc. Evenutally they begrudingly try a new sim card and update the info in my account (via the self serve portal, change a sim card) and the phone worked instantly.

Old sim must have been damaged, or maybe some computer printed the wrong numbers on it. whatever. working now. Thank you.

Black_Moons

Tried sim in 2 other phone. did not work.

Shoppers drug mart tells me the sim is 'unregistered' and that they have no warrentee on sims they don't register, and that they can't even register a new one for me because they would have to make a new account and I would lose what Iv paid.

Absolutely infuriating.

Black_Moons

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Black_Moons wrote:

Network is set to LTE, Website confirms my phone has the correct 3G and LTE bands.

Not sure I wanna set my phone as 'lost/stolen' as I don't want to have it bricked.

Can anyone else confirm that is safe to try and won't mess up my account more?

Here is the link to the thread where @Dunkman makes the same suggestion and it is corrected.

Didn't work. Powered on phone and tried to register after suspending/restoring service, still same error.

Black_Moons

@will13amI would rather not spend another $10 on another sim from the same store with no proof that its the issue or would resolve anything.. I switched to PM to save money.

I just find it a little weird their responce time went from 24~48 hours to 100+ hours (with still no reply) after they claimed it was 'fixed' and sent me a survey.

@Black_Moons wrote:

Network is set to LTE, Website confirms my phone has the correct 3G and LTE bands.

Not sure I wanna set my phone as 'lost/stolen' as I don't want to have it bricked.

Here is the link to the thread where @Dunkman makes the same suggestion and it is corrected.

Black_Moons

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Black_Moons, you mentioned the moderators did something and said the SIM was not activated properly.  I suspect whatever was affecting the activation is still lurking.  Would you be able to get another SIM card, go into the account and do a SIM swap.  Maybe that will clear up whatever is affecting the service.  BTW, it is not the moderators avoiding you.  Their backlog is unprecedented as far as I can tell.  I have been a customer for nearly 2 years and I have never seen such long response times. 

@Black_Moons wrote:

Nothing is working, the account does not have text/data service (Didn't buy that package, only voice) and phone calls don't work in or out.

Is you network mode set to LTE?

check you compatability here

https://willmyphonework.net/

EDIT: Here is something that worked in another similar situation.

Go to self serve, select that your phone as been lost/stolen. Wait a few minutes then go back and selct that it as been found.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just curious @Black_Moons

What type of phone do you have that you are using with your Public Mobile SIM card?

Some people have recommended using 

https://willmyphonework.net/ to check if your phone will be compatible with the Public Mobile network.

@Black_Moons wrote:

Got the sim at a store and activated it myself online.

Got the $20 unlimited in province calling plan. No text/data. Did foolishly buy the $15 international minute addon.

The International minute add-on rolls over so you will have that until you use it.

Black_Moons

Nothing is working, the account does not have text/data service (Didn't buy that package, only voice) and phone calls don't work in or out.

Black_Moons

Got the sim at a store and activated it myself online.

Got the $20 unlimited in province calling plan. No text/data. Did foolishly buy the $15 international minute addon.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Black_Moons

I am sorry to hear about your trying circumstances.

Did you get the SIM from a store and Activate it at the same time? Or did you just get the SIM card and set it up online by yourself?

Also what plan details do you have? is it Calls, text, data? All of them or some of them.

It should show in your Self Serve account

The more information you provide, the better community members can offer assistance.

@Black_Moons wrote:

Restarted the phone many, many times (keep powering it off since it has no service anyway)

Already reset the network settings.

Don't have another phone to try it in, friends that I asked don't want to let me mess with thier phones.

Swapping sim cards will not affect their phones but I can see where they would be reluctant if they don't know any different.

Is anything working, text in/out, calls in/out or data if you have it?

Black_Moons

Restarted the phone many, many times (keep powering it off since it has no service anyway)

Already reset the network settings.

Don't have another phone to try it in, friends that I asked don't want to let me mess with thier phones.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Black_Moons wrote:

Hi. Trying to get service but still not working after 11 days.

Day 2 I messaged mod team, 24~48 hour responce times, day 6 they said they talked to a tech and said they fixed things (said my sim was not activated properly?!?) and sent me a survey to complete..

My phone is STILL not working, and now the mod_team no longer replies to my messages I sent 5 days ago now.

Took my phone to a local phone store and they say its unlocked and its the network that is the issue. Phone says "No service (public mobile)" and "Emergency calls only"

Can find public mobile when I do a manual network search but it just says "Your sim card doesnt allow a connection to this network" when I try to register on public mobile.

Phone is a "Moto G play" updated to android 7.1.1

Would really love to get to use my phone before my 1st month service expires..

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Resetting network settings?

Are you able to try the sim in another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.