cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account sim unregistered no service?

Brookebailey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey team,

I am a new customer and I am really stressed out about setting up coverage. I have a Samsung s5 neo which was previously on my old telus plan. I canceled my old plan, bought a public mobile sim and activated it online with my plan. I took out my old sim, put in my new sim and updated my data configuration. After restarting my phone, clearing the system cache, verifying my phone was compatible and that it wain't reported stolen,  I am still getting "unregistered sim, no service" and my settings for data network are listing the network as unknown. I have been trying to fix for the past hour. No out going calls, data and I don't even know my new number. Please help me 😞

25 REPLIES 25

@Parkbench13 You do not need anything but a valid email address to create a community account.

If you want to contact the MODs it is better to message them directly rather than starting a new topic in the community directed at them.

@Brookebailey wrote:

I tried that too just oneed the off chance it worked. No luck. I did call through and it goes to a voice mail so I think that's a cool sign?

@Brookebailey  The moderator will be sending you a link yo verify your account. Once that is done it shouldn't take long to fix it.

Be patient, you're almost there. 👍

Brookebailey

I tried that too just oneed the off chance it worked. No luck. I did call through and it goes to a voice mail so I think that's a cool sign?

@Brookebailey wrote:

I found my phone number. I checked the last four digits of my sim vs the registered sim and they matched.  When I restart my phone I have zero network access and I see "unregistered sim, no service, emergency calls only"

@Brookebailey  Ok good. Sounds like your account was not provisioned properly best to notify the moderator team and they will fix it for you.

While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

@Brookebailey

One remote possibility would the SIM card work on another phone?

It sounds like the SIM card was not provisioned correctly. You will need to contact the moderators with this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Brookebailey

When I call it rings through to a voice mail.  

Brookebailey

I found my phone number. I checked the last four digits of my sim vs the registered sim and they matched.  When I restart my phone I have zero network access and I see "unregistered sim, no service, emergency calls only"

@Brookebailey wrote:

I don't know how I did that... God today is sucking hard. Sorry everyone 

@Brookebailey First login to your account select the Plan and Add-ons tab. Make a note of your phone number.

Also select the change sim number option and make sure that last 4 digits match the last four digits on your sim card.

If the sim numbers match try powering up again and call you number from another phone. What happens?

tashoke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible the sim cards got mixed up? Try swapping your sim cards around.

Brookebailey

I don't know how I did that... God today is sucking hard. Sorry everyone 

Brookebailey

Thanks for the advice friend!

Brookebailey

Still not working and this is not solved 😢

Brookebailey

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Brookebailey   See if taking the SIM out and waiting a few minutes before re-inserting and rebooting your phone helps.  Make sure the SIM is in properly.  If nothing works you'll have to contact the moderators.

GR
Mayor / Maire

If you login to your self serve account you should be able to see what your phone number is, if you don't see it something went wrong.  

@Brookebailey  So if it's not solved why did you mark a solution?

Parkbench13

Welcome to Public Mobile...where you get what you pay for...haha. 

You should have been given an option to select your number when you registered/activated  your sim & plan online. Perhaps the process did not go through properly. I would first check your account status through the "My Account" option once you have signed in. How did you open a community account without a number? Secondly, I would check your credit card company to ensure that you have been charged for whatever plan you chose. If you still have no success perhaps try to re register the sim. Buuuuuttttty before any of that I would open a new question here in the community with a heading of " Can a moderator please contact me ASAP". That way you're at least on the mile long list for getting help from someone who can actually do something about it. My first experience with contacting a moderator took a painstaking 3 days...hence my suggestion to post that question. Things move VERY slowly through Public Mobile bit that's why it's so cheap. There's always a ton of other clients willing to help out though...good luck! 

Brookebailey

This is not solved

@Brookebailey wrote:

This is a new number, not porting anything 😞

All's good then:)

Brookebailey

No, still unrecognized sim- not changes

Brookebailey

This is a new number, not porting anything 😞

@Brookebailey wrote:

Yes I was charged and my account is active on the website.  I can view my plan, make changes etc.

So everything is working now?

Brookebailey

Yes I was charged and my account is active on the website.  I can view my plan, make changes etc.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Brookebailey wrote:

Hey team,

I am a new customer and I am really stressed out about setting up coverage. I have a Samsung s5 neo which was previously on my old telus plan. I canceled my old plan, bought a public mobile sim and activated it online with my plan. I took out my old sim, put in my new sim and updated my data configuration. After restarting my phone, clearing the system cache, verifying my phone was compatible and that it wain't reported stolen,  I am still getting "unregistered sim, no service" and my settings for data network are listing the network as unknown. I have been trying to fix for the past hour. No out going calls, data and I don't even know my new number. Please help me 😞

You shouldn't cancel your previous account until the porting is completed.  You might need to send a message to Moderator_Team and ask for assistance by clicking on the envelope icon top right of your post or here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Edit: Unless you are going with a new number with PM and are not porting?

GR
Mayor / Maire

Can you confirm it charged your credit card?  Can you login to your self serve account to see if it says active? 

Need Help? Let's chat.