cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account log in issues

colin111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I just created a new account and ordered a sim card. When filling out my postal code it did not like the one I entered and gave me the option of selecting from a list. When I selected from a list it autocorrected the entire address and I didn't notice until after I ordered it. When trying to sign in to my account it says it doesn't recognize my email??? How can public mobile not recognize my email when they send me emails. Any emails I send to them come back as undeliverable saying I don't have permission to email them. I have exhausted all methods of communication with them and this is my last resort. Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

@Naitas wrote:

Did you register or not at all? If yes enter your account and modify your postal code on your profile. Otherwise you have to chat with Simon the robot. tell him difficulty to register. He's going to ask you questions, and at some point he's going to ask you if you want to talk to a human. you say yes and you ask for a ticket and you explain the situation to the moderator.

SIMon can't be used to open a ticket when there's no Public Mobile account, an account that can't be create without the sim card (or at least sim card number). 

@gblackma wrote:

@colin111 the account you created was a temporary one to order a SIM card.  When you activate your sim card a permanent one is created. Use this private message link to contact the moderators  directly explain what happened and give them your sim card Order number and the correct address and ask them to post it there. Stay safe.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

There is no need to sign up to any type of account to order a sim card. To this day, I'm not sure why people do it.  I suspect that it just allows the person's address to be stored for furture sim card purcahses, but for one-time purchases, it does nothing.  The account created on the sim card ordering pages also has nothing do with any Public Mobile sef serve account.

Naitas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you register or not at all? If yes enter your account and modify your postal code on your profile. Otherwise you have to chat with Simon the robot. tell him difficulty to register. He's going to ask you questions, and at some point he's going to ask you if you want to talk to a human. you say yes and you ask for a ticket and you explain the situation to the moderator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@colin111 wrote:

I don't think you understand. It won't let me log in as it won't recognize my email. I can't email for help as it's like I'm blocked from their email list.

There's no actual emailing (or calling for that matter) anybody here. Everything is done in this community and specifically in private messaging in this community. Or the arduous opening a ticket via this community.

colin111

I don't think you understand. It won't let me log in as it won't recognize my email. I can't email for help as it's like I'm blocked from their email list.

colin111

Well the sim card is never going to arrive as they sent it to a wrong address so I guess the long and short of it is I'm out $10

Naitas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Go back to your account, then profile and modify profile and will change your postal code. Your postal code must be in upper case and in numbers without spaces.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Selfserve is created only after activating sim card

You should contact moderators directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Give them the order number

Welcome to public mobile

@colin111 the account you created was a temporary one to order a SIM card.  When you activate your sim card a permanent one is created. Use this private message link to contact the moderators  directly explain what happened and give them your sim card Order number and the correct address and ask them to post it there. Stay safe.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@colin111 wrote:

So I just created a new account and ordered a sim card. When filling out my postal code it did not like the one I entered and gave me the option of selecting from a list. When I selected from a list it autocorrected the entire address and I didn't notice until after I ordered it. When trying to sign in to my account it says it doesn't recognize my email??? How can public mobile not recognize my email when they send me emails. Any emails I send to them come back as undeliverable saying I don't have permission to email them. I have exhausted all methods of communication with them and this is my last resort. Any ideas?

@colin111 hi are you signing up for a plan? you need a sim before you can set up your self serve account

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@colin111 wrote:

@colin111  Did you receive an email with your sim order number? If yes submit a ticket with PM include the order number and provide them with the correct address.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.