cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: New account got disabled

@Misbah wrote:

So that means I can use myname+PM@ gmail.com ? Would I be able to receive emails on myname@gmail.com

Yes you are correct.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Misbah wrote:

Could you please explain how. It is a hotmail account. I also have a gmail account but I am using that account for another PM account for another phone

With any email provider, you can create multiple accounts and then forward them to a primary account so you only check one inbox.

gmail has this instant alias feature where you don't have to create other accounts. You can make it up on the fly and when an email is sent to that address, gmail parses it out and drops the email into the base email inbox. That instant alias is seen as a new unique email address to Public Mobile.

If that makes sense.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

THX...Now should I just get the temp number first after activating SIM and then port my number after couple of day  or do I do that at the same time

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Misbah wrote:

THX...Now should I just get the temp number first after activating SIM and then port my number after couple of day  or do I do that at the same time

That's really a personal choice.

If you don't want to stay with your current provider, then by all means port your number during activation. It's a lot simpler.

Also don't forget to use your referral code from your other account.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Misbah wrote:

So, yes, back to the start.

So you're wanting to activate a new account with a new SIM and a "new" email address and then use your old phone number from elsewhere. Right?

Elsewhere needs to continue to be active.

You can transfer it over during activation if it's not Koodo pre-paid. To transfer afterwards would need moderator assistance and Koodo pre-paid also.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Misbah if you are able, port your number at the activation. many users have been complaining about the length of time ports have been taking, when moderators do it. they also experienced service issues after they tried to port.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Misbah wrote:

I have been using another phone under different email address and since PM does not let you use 2 accounts/Phonr under one email so I was using the second email and that one is locked out...

@Misbah 

When was the last time you were using that account?

If it was within 90 days and you are locked out of the account, you can try to reset the password: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

If the reset isn't working at all, you will need to contact Moderators for help.

After 90 days of inactivity, the account is permanently closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.