cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account got disabled

Misbah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all

I created a new account but have not activated any SIM or anything just created the account but when I got the SIM and started to activate it my account got disabled and now I cannot reset my PW (by doing forgot PW) as when I enter my email address it tells me that it is disabled. 

I cannot contact mods as i cannot identify myself because I have no pin or noting it was just bare account with my email address...

Please help I have to activate the SIM asap

26 REPLIES 26

@Misbah if you are able, port your number at the activation. many users have been complaining about the length of time ports have been taking, when moderators do it. they also experienced service issues after they tried to port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Misbah wrote:

THX...Now should I just get the temp number first after activating SIM and then port my number after couple of day  or do I do that at the same time

So, yes, back to the start.

So you're wanting to activate a new account with a new SIM and a "new" email address and then use your old phone number from elsewhere. Right?

Elsewhere needs to continue to be active.

You can transfer it over during activation if it's not Koodo pre-paid. To transfer afterwards would need moderator assistance and Koodo pre-paid also.

@Misbah wrote:

THX...Now should I just get the temp number first after activating SIM and then port my number after couple of day  or do I do that at the same time

That's really a personal choice.

If you don't want to stay with your current provider, then by all means port your number during activation. It's a lot simpler.

Also don't forget to use your referral code from your other account.

Misbah

@Misbah wrote:

So that means I can use myname+PM@ gmail.com ? Would I be able to receive emails on myname@gmail.com

Yes you are correct.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Misbah wrote:

Could you please explain how. It is a hotmail account. I also have a gmail account but I am using that account for another PM account for another phone

With any email provider, you can create multiple accounts and then forward them to a primary account so you only check one inbox.

gmail has this instant alias feature where you don't have to create other accounts. You can make it up on the fly and when an email is sent to that address, gmail parses it out and drops the email into the base email inbox. That instant alias is seen as a new unique email address to Public Mobile.

If that makes sense.

Misbah

So that means I can use myname+PM@ gmail.com ? Would I be able to receive emails on myname@gmail.com

@Misbah wrote:

Could you please explain how. It is a hotmail account. I also have a gmail account but I am using that account for another PM account for another phone

You cannot with hotmail.

With gmail, if your email is yourusername@gmail.com, you could use any of these aliases: yourusername+friends@gmail.com or yourusername+mailinglists@gmail.com.

Also you can insert one or several dots (“.”) anywhere in your email address.

As long as the new email is unique to PM, you can use it.

Misbah

@Misbah wrote:

Yes, it is a previously used email address...So it means I cant use this email address?

That's right. The same email is still linked to that account.

If your email provider (e.g. gmail) allows it, you can use an email alias.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Misbah wrote:

Yes, it is a previously used email address...So it means I cant use this email address?

If you had an account using your chosen email address and it is dead and gone then no you can't re-use it.

Edit: kudos to kselmak for breaking this story open 🙂

@Misbah wrote:

Yes, this was a 4 years old account and now it got locked out and I would like to activate a SIM using that account but it has been locked out

I think what confused people was the title of "new account got disabled". 

Misbah

@Misbah wrote:

I have been using another phone under different email address and since PM does not let you use 2 accounts/Phonr under one email so I was using the second email and that one is locked out...

@Misbah 

When was the last time you were using that account?

If it was within 90 days and you are locked out of the account, you can try to reset the password: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

If the reset isn't working at all, you will need to contact Moderators for help.

After 90 days of inactivity, the account is permanently closed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Misbah wrote:

I have been using another phone under different email address and since PM does not let you use 2 accounts/Phonr under one email so I was using the second email and that one is locked out...

Still trying to figure what you have and what you're trying to do.

But did you activate a new SIM under that email address? It wouldn't be locked out until after you activate. Or it's a previously used address.

Or are you only just trying to change your SIM in an existing account? If so, why?

Misbah

@Misbah wrote:

Yes, this was a 4 years old account and now it got locked out and I would like to activate a SIM using that account but it has been locked out

Hi @Misbah 

If the self-serve account has been inactive or suspended for more than 90 days, then it has been closed automatically. You will need to activate a new SIM card to make a new account using a different email.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Misbah wrote:

Hi all

I created a new account but have not activated any SIM or anything just created the account but when I got the SIM and started to activate it my account got disabled and now I cannot reset my PW (by doing forgot PW) as when I enter my email address it tells me that it is disabled. 

I cannot contact mods as i cannot identify myself because I have no pin or noting it was just bare account with my email address...

Hi @Misbah your account says that you have been a member of the Community since 2016. And you are just trying to activate a sim card?  What happened the last four years?  Were you using another provider?  lol just kidding 😁

Anyway, your sim card came with a little brochure on how to activate your sim card. You should have followed those steps. But not to worry, here's the link to start your Public Mobile Online Activation.  That is where you give Public Mobile your personal information.  Good luck!

EDITED:  OP says:

Well then, if your old self-serve account has been inactive for 90 days, that account is closed.  Follow @Anonymous  instructions above to open a new account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Misbah wrote:

You need to use a new unique email address to activate a new SIM on a new account.

Was this account active in the last 4 months?

Misbah

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Misbah 

Are you trying to use your old email (used for previous account) for the new sim activation 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Misbah If you "inherited" an account and phone number, you did not need to activate a SIM. Instead, you would access the account and use the Change SIM function to add the new SIM. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Misbah wrote:

Hi all

Without activating a SIM card, you didn't create a new self serve account. It just isn't possible.

When ordering a SIM card, some people have created what they think is a Public Mobile self serve account, but that is only for sim card ordering. It is not necessary to create that account for ordering sim cards, nor is it related in any way to your self serve account.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Misbah 

I can understand your frustration with this, but can you tell us what happens when you enter the SIM number during the account creation process. If it doesn’t let you proceed after you enter your SIM number, then it means that either the sim card number was entered incorrectly or that the SIM card number has been used before. You can order a new SIM by mail or visit a store to get a SIM, and if you want to have the person in store, set it up for you.

If you are still having issues, you can contact the moderators here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Misbah 

This is not supposed to be possible. The only way to proceed with creating an account is to activate a SIM.

You can create this community account sure. But not a self-serve account.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.