cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New account got disabled

Hi all

I created a new account but have not activated any SIM or anything just created the account but when I got the SIM and started to activate it my account got disabled and now I cannot reset my PW (by doing forgot PW) as when I enter my email address it tells me that it is disabled. 

I cannot contact mods as i cannot identify myself because I have no pin or noting it was just bare account with my email address...

Please help I have to activate the SIM asap

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: New account got disabled

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Misbah 

This is not supposed to be possible. The only way to proceed with creating an account is to activate a SIM.

You can create this community account sure. But not a self-serve account.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Misbah 

I can understand your frustration with this, but can you tell us what happens when you enter the SIM number during the account creation process. If it doesn’t let you proceed after you enter your SIM number, then it means that either the sim card number was entered incorrectly or that the SIM card number has been used before. You can order a new SIM by mail or visit a store to get a SIM, and if you want to have the person in store, set it up for you.

If you are still having issues, you can contact the moderators here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Misbah wrote:

Hi all

I created a new account but have not activated any SIM or anything just created the account but when I got the SIM and started to activate it my account got disabled and now I cannot reset my PW (by doing forgot PW) as when I enter my email address it tells me that it is disabled. 

I cannot contact mods as i cannot identify myself because I have no pin or noting it was just bare account with my email address...

Please help I have to activate the SIM asap

Without activating a SIM card, you didn't create a new self serve account. It just isn't possible.

When ordering a SIM card, some people have created what they think is a Public Mobile self serve account, but that is only for sim card ordering. It is not necessary to create that account for ordering sim cards, nor is it related in any way to your self serve account.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Misbah If you "inherited" an account and phone number, you did not need to activate a SIM. Instead, you would access the account and use the Change SIM function to add the new SIM. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Misbah 

Are you trying to use your old email (used for previous account) for the new sim activation 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, this was a 4 years old account and now it got locked out and I would like to activate a SIM using that account but it has been locked out

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Misbah wrote:

Yes, this was a 4 years old account and now it got locked out and I would like to activate a SIM using that account but it has been locked out

You need to use a new unique email address to activate a new SIM on a new account.

Was this account active in the last 4 months?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Misbah wrote:

Hi @Misbah 

If the self-serve account has been inactive or suspended for more than 90 days, then it has been closed automatically. You will need to activate a new SIM card to make a new account using a different email.

Need Help? Let's chat.