cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account. Data doesn't work.

Rgnar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I activated a simcard last night, amd ported my number over. Data will not connect onto my phone. I've restarted my phone, double checked that data was purchased, and have filled out the APN fields correctly. Still not able to connect to mobile data. Phone is compatible as it is an unlocked LG G5.

Any thing I am missing to connect to mobile data? Is there a waiting period for mobile data connection?
8 REPLIES 8

bossbruin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i did the network reset  and reentered the apn information.  data is working.  thank you.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

it was only some phones lg g4 and g5 (for sure) and possible a couple others that had this issue.

Rgnar
Thank you. The factory reset seems to have worked. In hindsight, it seems pretty obvious. Thanks again.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Rgnar, first I would start with the simpliest thing and make sure that mobile data is turned on.  I have had it where mine got turned off somehow.  Next step would be to verify that your LG G5 APN settings match this

G5.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Before doing a reset i would pop sim in a different phnone and check data and check tbat the data addon is in your overview page.

mimmo
You might need a factory reset

Rgnar
That did not work.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Try doing a network reset on the phone.  It should be in the backup and resets tab of the settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.