cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New York Numbers calling 5-8 times a day

Pep1978
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I am fairly new to this and I keep receiving calls from New York claiming to be Public Mobile, but can't get through and no help anywhere else, I have blocked all the numbers but more keep showing up, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Pep1978 Good that you blocked them individually. I would also add my phone number into Do-Not-Call list to limit number of calls.

@Pep1978Blocking the numbers is the right thing to do.  But keep in mind that by default, blocking merely directs them immediately to your voicemail. To prevent those calls from going to your voicemail, change your blocked/declined conditional call forward setting to a dead-end number. For example, set it to any USA number, and callers will be directed to a fast busy signal, or endless ring by dialing:

*67*8080000000#

You can undo this later by dialing ##67# or ##004#

Now all blocked calls as well as calls that you manually decline will be directed to the dead-end, and hopefully if it is an automated computer dialer, your number slowly becomes marked as 'not in service' or something.

Calls that you do not answer or while your phone is off, in airplane mode, or out of the coverage area will continue to flow through to your voicemail as usual.

You can read up more about this in a previous post of mine here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwarding-and-...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Pep1978 you are already doing the right thing, individually bocking them. @Nezgar has a solution involving forwarding. He may chime in on how to do it later. Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Pep1978 wrote:

Hi I am fairly new to this and I keep receiving calls from New York claiming to be Public Mobile, but can't get through and no help anywhere else, I have blocked all the numbers but more keep showing up, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

@Pep1978  Just keep blocking them and they will eventually stop.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Pep1978 Hello there’s definitely no public mobile number that would be calling you from New York whatever you do do not respond just keep blocking and if it doesn’t go away you could always change your number if it is not important to you

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Pep1978 wrote:

What is the number that's calling you ?

Need Help? Let's chat.