cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Years Flash Sale not added to my account.

ckLUsion3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I am a new Public Mobile member and I activated two SIM cards for myself and a family member 2 months ago. I used a referral code and signed up for autopay. My friend told me that after 30 days the 5GB data should be added to my account.

I logged into my account today and I only have 1GB data. When will the free 5GB data be added to both accounts? 

Thank-You.

16 REPLIES 16

It is a team effort, @darlicious 

😉

@ckLUsion3 

I'm happy to see @HALIMACS  instructions on how to contact a moderator guided you in the right direction and your service request was fufilled in less than 20 minutes. Please feel free to ask the moderators for a review link if you would likd to rate the support you recieved today.

ckLUsion3

Mods added the 5GB data promo to my account.

Thanks for your help! 

Then the Mod's should likely get this added pronto, @ckLUsion3 

Let us know if you were successful, if you would.

Good luck!

EDIT:   You have made contact to the Moderators, have you @ckLUsion3 ?

If not, this is how to contact a moderator; there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

(2nd EDIT:   I see that you have based on a subsequent post.  May take a day or two to hear back...)

ckLUsion3

No, I did not use that much data during that time period. Maybe only going to the grocery store and back because I am stuck inside. I have been using wifi mostly and it was only today that I remembered to check my Public Mobile account. 

@ckLUsion3 , do you recall using a lot of data mid-January to mid-February? 

IF you were given the 5GB during that time (not saying you were...) and you consumed it all, it will drop off your Data and Add-Ons section as an option.   It was a 1-time add-on;  it does not add on at each subsequent renewal.

Hopefully the Mod's can ascertain this for you and make things right.

ckLUsion3

Yes my plan was the $25 plan for both accounts. 
I checked my usage and it was 0.025/1024 MB amount used. So I definitely did not receive my 5GB data. I have issued a ticket and will wait for a moderator to contact me. 

Thanks. 

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

I believe their were some exceptions made at the time but it was very YMMV. I doubt the mods would make them now.

For sure, a lot of YMMV in this place.   

Good thing going for the OP is that they've since confirmed they received the '2nd month free', so that means they did successfully register for the promo, so if the 5GB wasn't added, they should be eligible to receive that.

@ckLUsion3 , please follow prior advice and make contact to Moderator group if you're certain you haven't received the bonus 5GB.

@HALIMACS 

I believe their were some exceptions made at the time but it was very YMMV. I doubt the mods would make them now.

@softech wrote:

did you submitted your email ahead?  got a Promo code and activate with the promo code? (You mentioned you used your friend's referral code but didn't mention if you used the Promo code)

Also, did you submit online or in kiosk? (the New Year 5GB promo is eligible for online activation only)

And which plan you have? (.. the promo is for plans $25 or above)

Hi @softech 

The Boxing Day and New Years promos did not require promo codes to be used DURING the activation process (i.e. in the promo field on activation screen) they utilized a pre-registration of the e-mail address used upon activation to make the customer eligible to receive the promo items.   

The Lunar New Year promo DID require that an e-mailed promo code be used within the activation process.

Good to point out that the New Years stated "online only" vs the Boxing Day allowed for both in-store and online.  I'd be curious if anyone got it anyway if they did the New Years in-store?

As far as the OP signing up for a $25 & up plan, they had mentioned they only have the 1GB on account, so might presume they did activate on the $25 plan.

@ckLUsion3 if you already got the credit but just not the one-time 5GB free, open a ticket would get this resolved.   Mod usually reply within 1  - 48 hours, but usually quick.   🙂

ckLUsion3

I signed up for the Promotion end of December, and activated both accounts on Jan 5th. Yes, I did get the credit for the free second month. The only things missing is the 5GB data. 

Thanks. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ckLUsion3 ,

Are you sure it was not used up in the past 2 months?

If it was used up, it would not show up in your overview any longer in your Self Serve.

Check out your usage history, and see what data usage was consumed.

@ckLUsion3 

It sounds like you fufilled all of the conditions of the promotion but double check the announcement to be sure....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Year-Savings-Get-your-second-month-...

If you have then contact the moderators and ask for it to be added to your account. There's always a few customers that get missed when promos get applied (pm has glitches from time to time). Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and submit a ticket via simon. Type in "promo not applied to account issue" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Current wait times are less than two hours but can take up to 48 hours for non urgent issues during  busy times.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

did you submitted your email ahead?  got a Promo code and activate with the promo code? (You mentioned you used your friend's referral code but didn't mention if you used the Promo code)

Also, did you submit online or in kiosk? (the New Year 5GB promo is eligible for online activation only)

And which plan you have? (.. the promo is for plans $25 or above)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you sign up for a $25 plan ?

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

Did you get a credit for the free second month ?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Year-Savings-Get-your-second-month-...

Need Help? Let's chat.