cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User Promotion? 90 Day Plan? What am I missing?

bashley
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks again to everyone who held my hand through to a successful SIM activation process. You folks add big time to the value proposition of this cell company.

A couple of new questions:

I set up my account, no problems there, signed up for AutoPay, no prob there either. Made my credit card payment, no prob...except, wait a minute...what the? Public Mobility's home page splashes out a promotion "Next 30 Days for $0"  My $15 + tax for the cheapest plan going was charged in full to my credit card. I searched for a promo code, but found none.

Evidently, I'm missing something obvious? 

Also, the site makes reference to rewards to a "90 Day Plan".  That was my intention to sign up for 90 days, but failed to find that option clearly displayed anywhere. It's simply my preference to have quarterly payments instead of monthly.

Again, am I'm missing something? Where is the 90 Day Plan?

Any assistance, I'm grateful to hear.

Thanks,

Bob

Summerside, PEI

24 REPLIES 24

No doubt that creating a great network takes a boat load of money to build, maintain and constantly upgrade. I am likely biased but feel that overall TELUS has and maintains the best network. I worked for BCTel and TELUS my entire career and living in BC, BCTel always had the best network in this province from the day cellular first went online. BCTel only had BC to "build" while Cantel had the entire country to build a network across. Thus it wasn't difficult for BCTel to be ahead in BC and stay ahead in BC.

I guess my point is that I think we are lucky to be able to get the best network at the best price. And (as you said too), the community is pretty darned good as well. So many online groups remind me of American political discussions of late. This group really only occasionally runs into an abrasive personality. Good work everyone!!

AE_Collector

bashley

@AE_Collector wrote:

@bashley wrote:Thanks @ChuckYeah. Reassuring to know I'm not alone in Summerside! Until one day ago, when I started doing research on local cell providers, I'd never even heard of Public Mobility.

bob

Summerside, PEI

And 24 hours later you are a PM customer.... you must have liked what you saw (well except for the "first free month" for only $15!

AE_Collector

Yes, got 'er done quick.  My case is a push-me, pull-me one, that is, pushed by those big ole' juggernaut providers and pulled by a viable alternative. The strength of the community forum here, I'd say, played into my decision more than anything. That "pulled me" in more than any corporate-speak, seduction dance.  

The fact that the most helpful and active community members are getting some tangible recognition by way of rewards, discounts, speaks well of the corporate philosophy. 

bob

Summerside, PEI

bob

bashley

@AE_Collector wrote:

@bashley wrote:

A tiny bit of easy editorial work on Home page would go some distance in clarifying things. Should read something like, Buy Your First 30 day Plan, Get Next 30 days Free! References to 90 day plans should be taken down.

bob

Summerside, PEI

Hi Bob.

I have a good friend in Vernon Bridge and I am in Vancouver BC... we don't see each other very often!

I am not certain if this is the Good News or the Bad News but the current wording on this promo is the best (improved) I have seen over numerous similar promos in my 1 and a bit years here so far! what they lack in clear and concise wording they make up for with inexpensive and competitive cell plans! Welcome aboard!

AE_Collector 

Left coast,  right coast, thanks @AE_Collector . Good point to make that most/all of the cell providers promo offers are worse! They can be a sad mishmash of mumbo-jumb and razzle-dazzle.

bob

@bashley wrote:Thanks @ChuckYeah. Reassuring to know I'm not alone in Summerside! Until one day ago, when I started doing research on local cell providers, I'd never even heard of Public Mobility.

bob

Summerside, PEI

And 24 hours later you are a PM customer.... you must have liked what you saw (well except for the "first free month" for only $15!

AE_Collector

@bashley wrote:

A tiny bit of easy editorial work on Home page would go some distance in clarifying things. Should read something like, Buy Your First 30 day Plan, Get Next 30 days Free! References to 90 day plans should be taken down.

bob

Summerside, PEI

Hi Bob.

I have a good friend in Vernon Bridge and I am in Vancouver BC... we don't see each other very often!

I am not certain if this is the Good News or the Bad News but the current wording on this promo is the best (improved) I have seen over numerous similar promos in my 1 and a bit years here so far! what they lack in clear and concise wording they make up for with inexpensive and competitive cell plans! Welcome aboard!

AE_Collector 

@NDesai wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

who will explain all those glitches, bugs and quirks.

Who cares as long as we can save some $$ every month? Smiley LOL

@NDesai  Exactly...when customers complain about them....its the price we pay or don't pay! I recieved a text saying I successfully referred another friend today. Two accounts=$12 a month total.  Once my promo is finished and I downgrade $9!

bashley

@darlicious wrote:

@bashley  Welcome to public mobile with all its gloriful glitches, bugs and quirks. Welcome to the community......who will explain all those glitches, bugs and quirks.

Thanks @darlicious . I've had decades of experience participating in many different types of online forums. My immediate impression of this one is that it ranks right up there with the best, in terms of participation, responsiveness, friendly tone, a neighborly spirit of helpfulness, and good humour!

Appreciate the welcome and thanks for your helpful advice.

bob

Summerside, PEI

@darlicious wrote:

who will explain all those glitches, bugs and quirks.

Who cares as long as we can save some $$ every month? Smiley LOL

bashley

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@bashley Hi Bob, from a fellow Summersider !

Welcome to PM. Look for my Facebook group, if you want to connect with others in our area.

Hi @ChuckYeah I just sent a Facebook friend request. Cute kitten!

bashley

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Welcome to PM. Look for my Facebook group, if you want to connect with others in our area.

Thanks @ChuckYeah . Reassuring to know I'm not alone in Summerside! Until one day ago, when I started doing research on local cell providers, I'd never even heard of Public Mobility.

bob

Summerside, PEI

@bashley  Welcome to public mobile with all its gloriful glitches, bugs and quirks. Welcome to the community......who will explain all those glitches, bugs and quirks.

bashley

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Is there an issue with saying your 2nd month is free? This seems perfect to me.

Seems perfect to me as well. The road to perfect, however, at least for me, involved an imperfect stumble or two!  hehe

bashley

@GR wrote:

@bashley i know... Public mobile isn't known for putting things the easy way but we're all here to clarify and help!  Lol

Thanks @GR .  It's reassuring to hear that I'm not alone in thinking that Public Mobile may not be masters communicating things. It's forgiveable and no big deal to me, as long as everyone can eventually get on the same page.

And this community forum appears to be the difference maker! I've learned 10X more of the important stuff from the forum than the website.

bob

Summerside, PEI

bashley

@darlicious wrote:

@bashley  You will get a $15 credit hopefully in the next few days but many are still waiting....the promo does say in the next 30 days. So don't panic if you don't get it right away. But if a few days before renewal it has not appeared in your transaction history contact the moderators to have it applied..

Thanks @darlicious for the helpful explanation. My first assumption was that I was missing something and no need to panic. Yes, it does say the NEXT 30 days, but this is easily confused by a new user who has no prior history, no FIRST 30 days to speak of. My assumption was if I sign up today, the NEXT 30 days (immediately following today) are $0. Wrong! as I've learned. My received message, however, is equally intelligible as the message intended on the home page, but obviously the respective meanings between sender and receiver are quite different.

No right or wrong here.

bob

Summerside, PEI

Is there an issue with saying your 2nd month is free? This seems perfect to me.

@bashley  I believe you just stated your point.

NEXT always presumes something before it, and in the case of a new user, there is nothing prior.

Exactly if there is nothing prior you would have to pay for and complete your first 30 days to get your NEXT 30 days for free.

@GR wrote:

@bashley i know... Public mobile isn't known for putting things the easy way but we're all here to clarify and help!  Lol

Just like the "3G" plans Smiley LOL

bashley

@NDesai wrote:

@bashley Welcome to PM!

The promo itself explains it, "Next 30 days" are free. Which means $15 credit will be applied to your account within a few days. With that you will not have to pay anything for the 2nd month. 

As for the 90 days, this was a thing in the past. We wish they kept it around, but no discount on 90 days vs 30 days there was no point of it. Even before that we actually had some discount on 90 days plan. What's gone is gone forever ;(

Thanks for weighing in @NDesai. You've made it clear that I should expect the promo to kick in during the second 30-day period.

NEXT is fine and dandy, however, IMHO only within a clarifying context which openly states or implies or explains the FIRST. NEXT always presumes something before it, and in the case of a new user, there is nothing prior.

bob

Summerside, PEI

GR
Mayor / Maire

bashley

@GR wrote:

@bashley they've taken away the 90 day plans a couple of months ago. The promo is your 2nd month free  you paid the first month and within the next month you'll get a credit equivalent to the plan you paid so it will cover your 2nd month.

Thanks GR. 

bob

Summerside, PEI

@bashley  You will get a $15 credit hopefully in the next few days but many are still waiting....the promo does say in the next 30 days. So don't panic if you don't get it right away. But if a few days before renewal it has not appeared in your transaction history contact the moderators to have it applied.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bashley Welcome to PM!

The promo itself explains it, "Next 30 days" are free. Which means $15 credit will be applied to your account within a few days. With that you will not have to pay anything for the 2nd month. 

As for the 90 days, this was a thing in the past. We wish they kept it around, but no discount on 90 days vs 30 days there was no point of it. Even before that we actually had some discount on 90 days plan. What's gone is gone forever ;(

GR
Mayor / Maire

@bashley they've taken away the 90 day plans a couple of months ago. The promo is your 2nd month free  you paid the first month and within the next month you'll get a credit equivalent to the plan you paid so it will cover your 2nd month.

Need Help? Let's chat.