cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim - Unlock Code?

fabioluso
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! Trying to use my new PM SIM. Put it into phone, it asked for an unlock code -- I don't know where that is. Please help. Thx

4 REPLIES 4

Sandraseason2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI I just had a similar problem. When I put my PM sim in my phone said "sim network unlock pin". I contacted chatr my previous provider they didn't have it. I contacted fido my provider previous to chatr. They didn't have it. So I contacted samsung directly and they had it! It was easy. I don't recommend using any weird tools or apps or paying for a code. Just contact your previous providers if not your manufacturer. 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@fabioluso 

If it's a new PM card that you just activated then can you put that card in another phone to test it. If yes, and it works it means that your phone is 100% locked and you need to get it unlocked for it to work with Public Mobile.

If it is a PM card with a sim lock setup then you need to ask the moderators for the sim PUK code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fabioluso wrote:

Hi! Trying to use my new PM SIM. Put it into phone, it asked for an unlock code -- I don't know where that is. Please help. Thx

The original provider of the phone needs to give you a code or to unlock it.

If it's a Samsung phone then they also provide unlock codes.

hiddenmoves
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You may need to contact the carrier you purchased the phone through. It must still be locked on their network. They will provide you with the code to unlock your phone. And it's free now in Canada!

Need Help? Let's chat.