cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Signup, card charged, SIM still not working in phone, No Service, Phone number taken by SOMEONE.

s0vietcong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, i've just signed up with Public, went through the whole signup process, waited 15 minutes for my SIM to activate, with it never activating, so I had someone call the number I signed up with, only for SOMEONE else to answer. I now have changed to a different number, however, I still have no service.

13 REPLIES 13

@s0vietcong wrote:

Is there any danger of someone taking my phone number again? I was content with my first one, very happy with the one I have now and I'd hate to lose it again.

just want to confirm, the number you got NOW is not the first one you got , right? 

is your current phone number working now?

yes, if you call your current phone number and no one picks up.. it should be fine.   I guess you just need to wait for mod to fix the issue on the back end and you should be getting the service soon.

Once this is  fixed.. you shouldn't need to worry about losing the number.   PM (Telus) system is funny, somehow the pool of number they gave out mixed up with some existing numbers.  But once you are the owner of the number, even PM accidentally gave out your number, you will get to keep it and the "late comer" will have to pick another number.   So, no worry.

@s0vietcong 

Twice in a row I would suggest buying a lottery ticket while you are at it.

s0vietcong

Is there any danger of someone taking my phone number again? I was content with my first one, very happy with the one I have now and I'd hate to lose it again.

@s0vietcong 

Thx...definitely a sim provuiioning issue that has been a problem in the last 10 days or so with pm's activation system. Just unfortunate timing after regular business hours (just). Response time has been under an hour of late so you should see a message in the morning. But maybe you will luck out and @Andu_S will see your ticket and look if you are online?....very YMMV but possible.

Stick around and read some threads or check out the lounge......

s0vietcong

Chose a new number, proceeded to wait 15 minutes after I was charged, then asked someone to attempt to call the number (I still had no service), then someone else picked up, so I went and changed the number, tried the sim in a different phone, and it still doesn't work.

@s0vietcong 

You chose a new number when you activated? You have no incoming or outgoing services? Have you tested the sim card in another phone to see if it works?

If you have no working service then contact the moderators thru simple simon and type in " sim not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

You will likely not get a reply to your private message box til morning but if you remain online for awhile a night moderator may reach out given the urgency of your request. Just keep an eye on your private message box.

s0vietcong

I've created a ticket, thank you.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

...just looking through the thread here...

Have you actually submitted a ticket through the SIMon chatbot @s0vietcong?  We're users helping users here on the forum, and you'll need to reach out to a Moderator (staff) like @computergeek541 suggested if you haven't already done so by clicking on the chat bubble (lower-right corner).  This sounds to be a bigger issue than we can help with.

@s0vietcong wrote:

Any ETA on the response?

Once you've submitted a ticket, you should recieve a response within 48 hours (probably sooner).

s0vietcong

Any ETA on the response?

s0vietcong

No such luck, thank you.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@s0vietcong 

Try powering off the phone and clean the PM SIM with a microfibre cloth then reinstall the SIM and power back on.

@s0vietcong wrote:

Hello, i've just signed up with Public, went through the whole signup process, waited 15 minutes for my SIM to activate, with it never activating, so I had someone call the number I signed up with, only for SOMEONE else to answer. I now have changed to a different number, however, I still have no service.

It sounds as if Pubilc Mobile assigned someone else's phone number by accident to you.  Try restarting your phone.  If that doesn't work to get your servcie working, submit a ticket by going to: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.