cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM "No Service" ~ iPhone 5S

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got a new SIM last weekend from Walmart (Pre-activated with a new number) when I insert it into an unlocked iPhone 5S it displays "No Service" in the upper left-hand corner.

I already tried resetting the network settings and doing a hard reset but sadly it still won't connect to the network.

What should I try next?

35 REPLIES 35

Poogzley

@Ba wrote:
Is it currently on 4G? Try to select 3G in "Voice & Data" in "Mobile Data Options" and reboot the phone to see if it does any better.

Just tried that now, still says "No Service" Smiley Sad ...

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Poogzley wrote:

I got a new SIM last weekend from Walmart (Pre-activated with a new number) when I insert it into an unlocked iPhone 5S it displays "No Service" in the upper left-hand corner.

I already tried resetting the network settings and doing a hard reset but sadly it still won't connect to the network.

What should I try next?

What makes you sure your phone isn't locked?

Have you tried the sim in another phone that you know is unlocked?

EDIT: If you activated instore have you tried activating online? If it is already activated this won't cause anymore troubles.

Ba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Poogzley wrote:

What should I try next?

Is it currently on 4G? Try to select 3G in "Voice & Data" in "Mobile Data Options" and reboot the phone to see if it does any better.

Poogzley

@tbark wrote:

Does your account show Active? You may need to contact a Moderator.

I don't if my account shows up as active as I do not yet have a self-serve account as creating one requires you to receive a text message verification code which cannot be done without a connection to a cellular network.

tbark

Does your account show Active? You may need to contact a Moderator.

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account or activation issues. They can be contacted through private messages

Click here to send them a private message.

Include the following in the private message (never put this information on the community page).

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you don't know your pin, provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address,

Email address,

Alternate phone number,

Date of birth,

Last top up date & amount

Response times:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [EST].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Response time vary based on requests and can be as soon as 1-3 hours, but can be up to 72 hours.

Please do not send multiple messages as this will not speed up the response time.

*I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me or anyone other than the Moderators*

Need Help? Let's chat.