cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New SIM not working (new number - no service)

I just got a phone and SIM from Public and activated the SIM online, selected a new number, set up self-serve account, charged the phone and when inserting the SIM it doesn't have any service, I don't get any network connection in any phones (tried inserting the SIM in several mobiles to see whether the issue was with the SIM or the phone).

Basically the phone lists: Netwrok: Unknown, Phone number or SIM: Unknown, Mobile network state: Disconnected, Service Satus: Out of Service, Signal Strength: 0, etc. 

What can I do to get it working?

Accepted Solutions

Re: New SIM not working (new number - no service)

@vikk wrote:

Got the phone from Public mobile and have tried the SIM in another phone, same issue. 

@vikk 

It's time to open a ticket. Here's the link for that.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@BKNS27 

Wi-Fi is not needed to use Public Mobile service, nor would be connected to it prevent the service from working.  

View solution in original post

All Replies

@vikk wrote:

I just got a phone and SIM from Public and activated the SIM online, selected a new number, set up self-serve account, charged the phone and when inserting the SIM it doesn't have any service, I don't get any network connection in any phones (tried inserting the SIM in several mobiles to see whether the issue was with the SIM or the phone).

Basically the phone lists: Netwrok: Unknown, Phone number or SIM: Unknown, Mobile network state: Disconnected, Service Satus: Out of Service, Signal Strength: 0, etc. 

What can I do to get it working?

As you got this phone from Public Mobile, that means that it is compatible.  I understand from your message that you've completed the activation process.  Ensure that the phone hasn't been set to 2g network by mistake.  If service still isn't working, it's time to contact the moderarors. Open a ticket by clicking on the assitance bubble near the bottom of your screen.

Tags (2)
Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How long ago did you complete your activation? I ask only because when I activated my SIM card, it took about 3 hours for everything to work. 

S--S
Mayor / Maire

first check it out your phone device is a unlocked
and if you have another device you can try it to put it in SIM , if is not working,

your phone device is a unlocked makr sure , i think you can do your phone a restart factory is better, or 

you need send a private message to @Moderator_Teamclicking here.

In your message put it, please include.

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- explanation to them nice Team and nice service 💐

Good Luck 🌸

softech
Mayor / Maire

..look like a phone issue.. what model is your phone?

do you have a 2nd phone you can try to put the SIM in and test?
Oracle365

Yeah, @vikk mentioned in their original post that they have tried putting the SIM in other phones to see if it would work and it didn't.

vikk

Got the phone from Public mobile and have tried the SIM in another phone, same issue. 

vikk

Maybe I'll just have to wait it out then, I literally just activated it about 30 min ago... Am I being impatient? Haha... I have sent a ticket to a moderator just in case, very keen to start using the phone.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you try different working sim in that phone and the sim in a different phone that works for sure and it's unlocked.

You should figure out if it's the phone or sim/service

Oracle365

Maybe, but it's good you opened a ticket, just in case. Maybe you just missed a step, somewhere along the way. Have you tried restarting the phone altogether? Sometimes, the phone just needs to reboot with the new information.

Need Help? Let's chat.