cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card, unlocked phone, service not working

parksim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I received my Public Mobile SIM card in the mail. I called my old service provider and unlocked my device this morning. I activated my SIM card and inserted it into my device. I have received several texts, but cannot call or text out. When I call 611, it says my service has been temporarily suspended, and asks me to make a payment, but I have made a full payment already.

18 REPLIES 18

parksim

Yes, it has been over 12 hours since emailing the moderators, and 13 hours since attempting to use my service for the first time. At this point, I'm thinking to ask for a full refund and go to my local Fido store. Saving $5/month isn't worth this hassle.

samsungj2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I emailed again and I've still got no response - this is getting fustrating. 

DoSOverride

Ok, thanks for your help! I sent the mods a message

@parksim wrote:

Yes. Just tried again with the same results. Thanks for your help! I'll wait for the moderators.

@parksim  Hope the moderator can provide a fix soon. Smiley Happy

@DoSOverride wrote:

Having the same problem. Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on. Can someone message me about this?

@DoSOverride  If you haven't done so already you need to let the moderators know. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

parksim

@DoSOverride wrote:

Having the same problem. Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on. Can someone message me about this?

Yup I'm getting the same message when I try a number other than 611

parksim

Yes. Just tried again with the same results. Thanks for your help! I'll wait for the moderators.

DoSOverride

@parksim wrote:

It is a new number. My account is showing as active. I have restarted my phone multiple times, I can try again.

@parksimSo online it's showing active and when you dial *611 it reports back as suspended?

That's meesed up. Hopefully you hear back from the @CS_Agent  sounds like they might have to reset your account from their end.

parksim

It is a new number. My account is showing as active. I have restarted my phone multiple times, I can try again.

@parksim wrote:

$30, Canada calling, unlimited texts, 500MB data

@parksim  Did you port your number from the previous provider or selected a new number?

When you login into selfserve does it show your account as active? If not, click on activate.

Maybe power down the phone remove the sim wait 5 minutes and see if there is a change.

parksim

$30, Canada calling, unlimited texts, 500MB data

parksim

I've been waiting for 3 hours

@samsungj2 wrote:

I'm having the same issue, have they resolved it yet? I emailed 13 hours ago and no response. 

Thanks.

This response time seems abnormally long.  I helped a colleague with getting moderator team help this morning.  A first response came with approximately 1 hour. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@parksim wrote:

Hi, I received my Public Mobile SIM card in the mail. I called my old service provider and unlocked my device this morning. I activated my SIM card and inserted it into my device. I have received several texts, but cannot call or text out. When I call 611, it says my service has been temporarily suspended, and asks me to make a payment, but I have made a full payment already.

@parksim  What plan did you signup for?

samsungj2

I'm having the same issue, have they resolved it yet? I emailed 13 hours ago and no response. 

Thanks.

parksim

Thanks, didn't work. I have contacted the moderator team.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@parksim wrote:

Log in your self service account and try lost your phone, and log out. after few minutes later, log in and try find your phone and log out. Restart your phone. If still don't work, contact moderator team:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.