cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card # not working on new activation

admlw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just received my Public Mobile SIM card in the mail.

I am trying to activate my account at https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

This error message comes up "The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber."

Is something wrong with my new SIM card? I have double/triple checked the number to make sure it has been entered correctly.

26 REPLIES 26

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Thai,

Please view your private messages, I would be more than happy to help !

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Please edit that post immediately this is a public forum, anyone in the world could see it.

Thai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My SIM: **********.  I bought the Card about 7 days ago. I Get error message when try to activate it. Please take a look at this issue. Thank you and have a nice day.

misiewicz1995

misiewicz1995

hey there! Im getting this error code The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber. when i tried to activate the number. could someone help me?

Rockdaddy22
Please edit that as soon as possible, who knows what people could do with that number.

misiewicz1995

Hey there thats the sim card number

Rockdaddy22
With all due respect @Saray_O maybe it would be better if we try and focus on the backlog of private messages for now. Some people have been waiting days just to have their messages read. We can direct these people to private message you when needed. Imho of course. This is definitely a trying time for everyone here, I need to go to bed now, I have to work in 6 hours 😞

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @misiewicz1995

I'm sorry to hear about that! Could you send me a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card number?

Thank you! 

**Due to a high volume of messages, it might take me a while to get back to you. I apologize for this delay. 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

misiewicz1995

hey there! Im getting this error code The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber. when i tried to activate the number. could you help me?

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Davidbcn wrote:

this is so embarrasing the website to activate the service is totally broken.

I tried 3 browsers and I even modified the page.

Impossible to create new number

Impossible to port a existing number

I want to meet with the web developer to chop his hands.

No customer service,

Which kind of company is public mobile?

Sorry to hear this. one of the moderators @Shazia_K or @Mary_M will help you soon. It might be just a bad SIM card number in the system. Public Mobile's customer service is done through this web forum.

Davidbcn

this is so embarrasing the website to activate the service is totally broken.

I tried 3 browsers and I even modified the page.

Impossible to create new number

Impossible to port a existing number

I want to meet with the web developer to chop his hands.

No customer service,

Which kind of company is public mobile?

ryanwoo

@saeed396 wrote:

I have bought 3 sim cards, but just one of them was activated and to others give this message;

The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber.

Please help me to activate two other sim cards.

you need to private message to @Mary_M or @Shazia_K with your phone number (the one activated), they can open a internal ticket to fix the problem. it may take a week to get it fixed.

saeed396

I have bought 3 sim cards, but just one of them was activated and to others give this message;

The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber.

Please help me to activate two other sim cards.

srlawren

Hi @Mary_M or @Shazia_K, could one of you please help @ryanwoo if he is still having an issue?  Thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ryanwoo

I am getting the exact same error message, how did you get it fixed?

srlawren

@ceglan oh, you should not have done that.  In order to port a phone number, your account with your current provider (Fido in this case) needs to be active and in good standing. There is a possibility you have now lost that phone number permanently.  What you need to do at this point is call Fido right away and see if you can reactivate your service.  You could ask them to put you on the cheapest plan they offer, month-to-month (don't start a new contract or anything).  Once re-activated, then port the number to Public Mobile.  Once the port request is completed, your Fido account will automatically be re-closed (there's never a need to do this manually as you have done 😞 ).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ceglan

I had plan in Fido and just cancelled it today. Is it possible to transfer my number to Public Mobile, when it's inactive now?

lostinspace

So, did the account get registered, just curious?!!

srlawren

Hi @ceglan, did you send @Shazia_K your infomation by private message as requested?  She might be done working for the day, but will hopefully get back to you as quickly as possible tomorrow.

PS maybe not a great idea (for future reference) to port your number over to a new provider when you're expecting an important call like that. I'd have probably waited until I secured the job personally, but hopefully Shazia gets you up and running quickly.  

ceglan

I sent PM to  @Shazia_K and @Mary_M 

Please help me as soon as is possible. I'm waiting for call from my future employer but phone doesn't work!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @ceglan

I'm sorry to see that you guys were having issue with our activation portal, 

I will be glad to assist you further in this matter, can you please send me a private message with the details your used for the activation form? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

Hi @ceglan, welcome to Public Mobile!  Is this still an issue for you?

I'm going to flag our community moderators (PM staff) @Shazia_K and @Mary_M in case you need further assistance with this.

In the future, it's generally better to start a new thread than to revive an older one like this.  For example, Kalla is no longer with PM, so likely nobody that can help you noticed this reply.  

ceglan

Me & my girlfriend have the same problem with our cards...We tried couple times. This error message comes up "The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber."

What I schould to do?

Chri5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have sent you a private message as well.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @admlw,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your activation!

I would be happy to assist you in completing this: could you send me your information by private message? I would need all the information that is demanded in the activation portal.

Cheers,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.