cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Referral Promo: Chose wrong plan

Geo1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated my SIM about 30 minutes ago using my spouse's referral code. I chose the $15 plan but after re-reading the $10 both way Promo information, it looks like I would have had to choose the a plan worth at least $25. Does anyone know if we can still get the $10 Promos if I change my plan immediately?

20 REPLIES 20

@Anonymous I agree, they really didn’t have to do the change. Geo1 is trading paying $10 more for at least the first month to gain a one time $20 total bonus.

Terry

@Geo1  Very happy that your request was approved by the moderators after reconsideration. It just shows that it never hurts to ask. Whats the worst that can happen?....they can say no and they did. Luckily for you and hopefully a few others whose intentions were good but were just confused have had a similar reversal of fortune. 

@CS_Agent  and @Alan_K  Thank you for reconsidering the original decision to not honour the refer a friend bonus credit for @Geo1 . At public mobile and often mentioned in the community  it's a two way street around here. We put up with glitches and fallacies within the system to get lower prices and when a mistake happens we try to wait patiently for the moderators to fix it. It goes a long way in public relations (no pun intended!?!!) to recognize as we do...mistakes happen and you are willing to correct it to benefit the customer. I am sure at some point in the future if @Geo1 is the victim of a pm glitch he will remember the largesse of public mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Geo1 wrote:

@Geo1 wrote:

Conclusion: The plan chosen at activation can't be changed. I received the following information from the Moderator Team:

"…In order for the promotion to work all the conditions need to be met at activation. The possibility of adding the promotion manually to the account isn't available."

Update to my previous Conclusion:

A different Moderator contacted me yesterday after I had thought the conversation with them was done. I received the following information so my plan has now been changed and referral bonuses have been applied. As @hairbag1, @Anonymous  and @darlicious suggested, it was a good idea to contact the Mods and ask the question. 

"Thanks for the information provided. I have re-evaluated your request and, based on the fact that you were misled by the banner within your wife's Self-Serve account, not mentioning the conditions, I'll make the exception this time. Remember that when we have a promotion, normally there will be several conditions and they all will not fit in such a small banner, that why we it says "see the Community for more details".

Anyway, I do see your point here and understand your position. Since you contacted us almost right after the activation, acknowledging the mistake during the activation.. I'll go ahead and change your plan to $25 (along with the $10 payment you made) and apply the extra $10."

That's a very nice exception they made. You were actually the next day into the promo. Not just the morning before the official release like popping.

But they found a way. And you're up 10 bucks!

Geo1

@Geo1 wrote:

Conclusion: The plan chosen at activation can't be changed. I received the following information from the Moderator Team:

"…In order for the promotion to work all the conditions need to be met at activation. The possibility of adding the promotion manually to the account isn't available."

Update to my previous Conclusion:

A different Moderator contacted me yesterday after I had thought the conversation with them was done. I received the following information so my plan has now been changed and referral bonuses have been applied. As @hairbag1, @Anonymous  and @darlicious suggested, it was a good idea to contact the Mods and ask the question. 

"Thanks for the information provided. I have re-evaluated your request and, based on the fact that you were misled by the banner within your wife's Self-Serve account, not mentioning the conditions, I'll make the exception this time. Remember that when we have a promotion, normally there will be several conditions and they all will not fit in such a small banner, that why we it says "see the Community for more details".

Anyway, I do see your point here and understand your position. Since you contacted us almost right after the activation, acknowledging the mistake during the activation.. I'll go ahead and change your plan to $25 (along with the $10 payment you made) and apply the extra $10."

@Geo1 wrote:

Well I think that answers that. If you jumped the gun there's nothing to be done.

Geo1

@Geo1 wrote:
@Anonymous 
Be sure to put the extra $10 in your account so that if and when the mods do anything, they'll see that the funds are there already. And if they don't then it'll just be there for your next renewal anyway.

Never any harm in asking and I agree that the little blurb does not give details. Seems some people jumped that gun without waiting for the actual details. I'm curious to hear from those that did jump the gun before the official announcement whether the lesser plans will be honoured.

Thanks for the tip about adding the $10 to my account. I have now done that.

I think Its worth asking and may be dependant on the time the accounts were activated. Pm jumped the gun by putting a surprise blurb in everyone's account. Even though it says look in the community for details if you looked at that time before it was announced there was nothing to see. I'm not sure what time the official announcement  was but within 2 or 3 hours after that should be honoured. Or at the very least give people the option of bumping up to the $25 plan. Basically a free upgrade for the first 30 days and give the refererring friend the $10.

Geo1
@Anonymous 
Be sure to put the extra $10 in your account so that if and when the mods do anything, they'll see that the funds are there already. And if they don't then it'll just be there for your next renewal anyway.

Never any harm in asking and I agree that the little blurb does not give details. Seems some people jumped that gun without waiting for the actual details. I'm curious to hear from those that did jump the gun before the official announcement whether the lesser plans will be honoured.

Thanks for the tip about adding the $10 to my account. I have now done that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Geo1 wrote:

@dna2016 I think the reason Public Mobile hires Moderators is to answer questions so I don't think I have wasted their time. Thanks anyway.

Geo1

@dna2016 I think the reason Public Mobile hires Moderators is to answer questions so I don't think I have wasted their time. Thanks anyway.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Geo1  Looks pretty clear to me in step #2 noted, don't think a MOD can help you with this one.  Fine print is pretty clear, so don't think there's any point wasting the MODS time on this.

2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a $25/mo plan or higher during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.

So your friend will get the standard $10 credit, and you'll get the usual $1 referral credit (on-going), but neither of you will be eligible for this bonus offer.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Geo1  if your lucky it might be in a few hours or today ! On the weekend some got replies from the moderators within the hour but maybe they got more workload today 

@Geo1 wrote:

I have sent a message to the Moderator Team and will update this thread after I get a reply, which I assume won't be for a couple of days.

Allow up to 48 hrs for a response...usually much less.

Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

Geo1

I have sent a message to the Moderator Team and will update this thread after I get a reply, which I assume won't be for a couple of days.

Geo1

That's what I thought too based on the blurb that appeared on my spouse's account page.

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 9.00.37 AM.png

@GR wrote:

@Geo1 from what I read any plan can get the bonus 10$ referral as long as the activation is done online and not instore 

If your plan is 10 or 15 or you activate in store You will get 10, 1 off monthly for the Peterson who referred you

If your plan is 25+ you will get 20, the referrer gets 10 + 1off monthly

GR
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 oops, I read it wrong yesterday!   @Geo1   don't follow my advice! 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@GR wrote:

@Geo1 from what I read any plan can get the bonus 10$ referral as long as the activation is done online and not instore 

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a $25/mo plan or higher during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $10 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

GR
Mayor / Maire

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Geo1 wrote:

I just activated my SIM about 30 minutes ago using my spouse's referral code. I chose the $15 plan but after re-reading the $10 both way Promo information, it looks like I would have had to choose the a plan worth at least $25. Does anyone know if we can still get the $10 Promos if I change my plan immediately?

Click on the ? in lower right side of page and pose your question to a moderator.

PS...if you change right away, you'll lose whatever balance is left on original plan and there's no refunds or pro-rating here. Just wait until a moderator responds.

Need Help? Let's chat.