cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Public Mobile Customer

Khalon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all, I just activated my public mobile sim card and selected the $20 unlimited talk plan. I was wondering, does it also include unlimited texting within province?

9 REPLIES 9

Khalon

Just want to update that the community moderator team were able to credit my account with the difference of the double charge. So I am very happy they were able to get that sorted out for me.

@Khalon wrote:

Hello all, I just activated my public mobile sim card and selected the $20 unlimited talk plan. I was wondering, does it also include unlimited texting within province?

As you've already realized, the $20 plan does not include text messaging.

But if you did take a $25 30 day plan that does include texting and provincial calling, the text messages can actually be sent and received while you are connected anywhere in Canada to Telus' cellular network.  The outgoing text messages can also be sent to a text-capable phone number anywhere in the world.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Khalon,there is a pretty good chance that they will credit your account with the difference.  Let us know how it goes.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Khalon

@AnonymousThank you. I had actually went ahead and changed the plan and paid the amount hoping the system would sort itself out. I have sent a message to the moderators about it. Thanks again for bringing that up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Khalon, If you change your plan now (yourself), you will be charge the full $25, and lose whatever was left on your previous 30 day cycle.  I recommend you get in touch with the moderator team (via private message), and see if they can switch you over without you having to pay the full amount (again).  If it has only been a couple of days, they are generally quite flexible with this sort of thing.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Khalon

Alright, that works for me. thank you.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, if you want unlimited texting, you would have to move up to the $25/month plan.

Khalon

Yes that is the plan I selected. So if I want text as well I would need to choose the $25 plan?

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

That $20 unlimited talk does NOT include text.  

Im assuming you are talking about this plan  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/20unlimitedtalk

Need Help? Let's chat.