cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plan Promotion Code

SriS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

While exploring options for switching my current plan, came across the following screen with prompt for Promotion code.
Do Public Mobile provide any such promotion codes to general public or targeted customers ?
PM_New_Plan_Promotion_Code.png

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@moneybars wrote:

Could confirm that this is indeed for the special kiosk promotions. I think they have 2: free sim and bonus 2gb data. Now...if only someone could leak the code itself? Or perhaps it is only for new sign ups...no idea.

What 2GB bonus?  Public didn't advertise any bonus like that.

Online, no. I went to a kiosk and they offered something that wasn't available online. I was surprised. I don't remember the exact details as I wasn't focused on what they might offer.

@moneybars wrote:

Could confirm that this is indeed for the special kiosk promotions. I think they have 2: free sim and bonus 2gb data. Now...if only someone could leak the code itself? Or perhaps it is only for new sign ups...no idea.

What 2GB bonus?  Public didn't advertise any bonus like that.

moneybars
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SriS

Noticed the promotion code section in one more page - Plan -> My Promotions

PM_Plan_Promotion_Code_Section.png

@srlawren wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

Hopefully, this is a new addition to the rewards program!

@Poogzley it would appear changes may be coming (like winter to Westeros).  PM has a bad habit of accidentally making certain content and functionality live to the general public before they intended.  I'm guessing this may fall into that categroy, but we won't know for sure until teh announcement.

@SriS wrote:

Came across a similar discount code prompt in the SIM card checkout screen

@SriS this has actually been present for quite some time.  I'm guessing it may be used internally by the moderators when they occasionally need to provide someone a free replacement SIM (for a defective one), but this is purely speculation.  I'm guessing this since the field has been there a long time and never publicly used or announced.

Yeah the cart got out of the barn early. 

@SriS wrote:

PM_Sim_Card_Discount_Code.png

Since that is on the sim card ordering page, I can only speculate that is there could be some future sim card promotion, or as above, it could be for internal use only by moderators and staff.  I'm not sure how that would work though because when you order the sim cards online, there's no way for Public Mobile to make sure that you actually activate them.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Poogzley wrote:

@Poogzley it would appear changes may be coming (like winter to Westeros).  PM has a bad habit of accidentally making certain content and functionality live to the general public before they intended.  I'm guessing this may fall into that categroy, but we won't know for sure until teh announcement.

@SriS wrote:

@SriS this has actually been present for quite some time.  I'm guessing it may be used internally by the moderators when they occasionally need to provide someone a free replacement SIM (for a defective one), but this is purely speculation.  I'm guessing this since the field has been there a long time and never publicly used or announced.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SriS

PM_Sim_Card_Discount_Code.png

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a feeling that this maybe used to give special promotions for new users who buy sims from the soon to open Public Mobile kiosks.

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SriS wrote:

While exploring options for switching my current plan, came across the following screen with prompt for Promotion code.
Do Public Mobile provide any such promotion codes to general public or targeted customers ?
PM_New_Plan_Promotion_Code.png

Interesting very interesting....Never heard of a promo code.

Need Help? Let's chat.