cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer criteria

miltondad2twins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For referral purposes how much time would a recently departed member have been away from Public Mobile to be considered for a referral reward as a new account?

9 REPLIES 9

@chrisbasm wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chrisbasm Any customer who newly activates an account can be referred by an existing customer.  History of the phone number is not a determining factor.

@computergeek541  I don't think that was the OP's situation/question.  The person being referred had recently left and was coming back.  Thus, it is possible that PM does not allow the same person to be referred again if they just left - and that would be traceable by phone number (and email perhaps).  It was just a possibility...

A new account is considered a new customer. There's no wait period required to come back and the person can be referred again.

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chrisbasm Any customer who newly activates an account can be referred by an existing customer.  History of the phone number is not a determining factor.

@computergeek541  I don't think that was the OP's situation/question.  The person being referred had recently left and was coming back.  Thus, it is possible that PM does not allow the same person to be referred again if they just left - and that would be traceable by phone number (and email perhaps).  It was just a possibility...

@chrisbasm wrote:

@miltondad2twins  - I would guess (I have not seen this question before), that it would not be long.  However, it might depend on if the other person is using the same phone number that they had when they were here previously.

Perhaps one of the Oracles, or more senior members has more definitive information.

Any customer who newly activates an account can be referred by an existing customer.  History of the phone number is not a determining factor.

@miltondad2twins do you have an old account that is suspended? Under 90 days?

If that is the case you just have to log into that account and make a payment to reactivate the service. (You would not get a referral bonus since it's still the same account)

Or if you're not attached to that number and can go with a new number. Simply buy another sim card and activate another account with a referral code.

What are you looking to do? So we can give. You clear and concise details on what needs to be done.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@miltondad2twins 

I haven’t heard anything about a cool down period but make sure you remove the credit card on file and cancel the account officially and wait a day or 2 before returning.

@miltondad2twins  sim cards cannot be reused.

If you have a plan and don't pay the account goes to suspended status. At that time if no payment is made in 90 days (pay up to 89th day) then the account is completely deleted.

A new sim , new activation with a new email is required to join PM again.

miltondad2twins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wonder if it would follow the same criteria as that of a SIM card Reactivation.  As you have to buy a new card if more than 90 days has passed from the last payment.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@miltondad2twins  doesn't matter. When someone leaves public mobile (ports number out) the account is closed for good. Or if someone don't pay their bills and account is inactive for 90 days the account is deleted.

Either scenario you can't use the same email address to register a new account.you need a different email.

Buy a new SIM card, register with a new email address and use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@miltondad2twins  - I would guess (I have not seen this question before), that it would not be long.  However, it might depend on if the other person is using the same phone number that they had when they were here previously.

Perhaps one of the Oracles, or more senior members has more definitive information.

Need Help? Let's chat.