cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer And Transfer Number

siuolly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I have helped my brother transfer his cell phone from Rogers to public mobile a week ago.  Everything works now but he need to cancel his mobile phone from rogers otherwise they keep charging him.  He call in Rogers to cancel and the guy told him they can't do it because "they don't see any supplier take over his cell phone number".  What should I do?

12 REPLIES 12

Also here's few things you can try
Take your sim off turn off phone insert sim turn phone on if that doesn't help
Try your sim in different phone to see if it's your phone issue or service problem
Also you can try network reset by going into setting general scroll down click reset then network reset

If that's doesn't help then factory reset last option

Also when you try sim in other phone and if data doesn't work then YOU CAN CONTACT MOD ONLY IF DATA DOESNT WORK IN OTHER PHONE TRY OTHER ALL SUGGESTIONS FIRST

In your private message to any moderator whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

but try those suggestions then mod and update us if anything works for you thanks
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@siuolly
Here is the post with APN settings on iphone: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#...

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

siuolly

Thanks everyone for your help.  It turns out the porting was not completed.  PM helped me completed the port.  Now text and voice works and I recieve the text from PM indicate the port completed.  However, I am not getting data to work.  I am using Apple's iphone 5.  When I turn off wifi and it shows LTE but no connection.  I tried to set the APN as PM guide me using this link: https://apn-canada.gishan.net but still no internet access.  Anything else I can tried?  Still waiting for PM to answer me. 

Agreed
It's has nothing to do with pm
It's rogers fault once porting completed it's done from pm end then if account still active at rogers it's a no no to rogers

Assuming that the you get the confirmation from the moderators over here at Public Mobile that the porting is complete, make sure that Rogers only charges you up to the date that you ported the number over.  If your account is still left open at Rogers after porting has completed, it is their mistake and they aren't allowed to charge you for that duration.

Agreed with @ShawnC13
Seems bit odd situation usually when porting process get completed other end account get deactivate right away

As Shawn mentioned could be shareplan or multiple line issue

@siuolly, was he the only one on the Rogers Plan or was it a shared plan?  If your brother still has his Roger's SIM have him try it and it is still active then there are some issues that will need to be looked at, but if everything is working on the PM SIM not sure why Rogers can't see that it was ported out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @siuolly,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that your brother's Rogers account hasn't yet been cancelled and it does seem pretty off that they cannot find an existing port request. I could look into the port and make sure that it was transferred correctly, making it safe for him to cancel his Rogers account. Can you please provide me with the phone number that was ported over?

Let's keep the conversation going 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

If porting completed then Roger's account closed automatically
If you owe money or if they owe you money you will get something in mail

siuolly

yes.. it was a port and the port seems to be successful because his cell works with public mobile sim.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Did you guys port rogers number to public mobile
If yes then you don't have to call rogers as far I know if you porting and once porting complete then you recurve text msg saying porting completed
Then your rogers account closed by itself
Need Help? Let's chat.