cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Brunswick

NS_Smiles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

Thank you to PM for having an awesome service for us Canadians who can't afford the high prices.

My questions today are New Brunswick related. 

1) How is the reception on Grand Manan Island?

2) Can the customer get a SIM card at a physical location? If so, where would they have to go?

Thank you in advance to all who answers this post. May you all have a fabulous day and God Bless 

10 REPLIES 10

@NS_Smiles wrote:

My questions today are New Brunswick related. 

1) How is the reception on Grand Manan Island?

2) Can the customer get a SIM card at a physical location? If so, where would they have to go?

According to the Public Mobile website, there are no retail locations who sell Public Mobile sim cards are activate service anywhere within a reasonable disatnce of you.

As for signal, the Telus coverage maps do show both 3g and LTE network coverage for the entire island. However, it's still possible for there to weak reception areas (as with any cell carrier's network) especially indoors or underground.

@BSK wrote:

Hi, unsure of the reception.

However, for your 2nd question believe you can only purchase a SIM card online.

If you're referring to someone living on that island, then that MIGHT be the case, but otherwise, PM SIMs are available at a lot of places, such as the previously mentioned Walmart.

BSK

Hi, unsure of the reception.

However, for your 2nd question believe you can only purchase a SIM card online.

Hope this helps,

BSK

@NS_Smiles wrote:

Thank you @CannonFodder, I did check out the coverage map and seen the two towers owned by bell.

If the statement by @popping is correct, then my friend shouldn't have an issue with PM in Grand Manan.

It's fairly common knowledge about the Bell/Telus reciprocal agreement. If you want to sort of confirm it for yourself, I'm sure you could Google the topic and find plenty of info, but the thing that I've personally found kind of interesting, is if you go to the individual sites of Bell & Telus, and click on their respective coverage maps, you can look at the two of them, side by side, and see they're virtually identical.

Even more revealing, is if you look at the map of cell towers, and focus JUST on the far north, you'll see that there's only two providers with towers up there(Bell & Ice), yet Telus' coverage map shows they cover the far north, without any towers of their own, in pretty much ALL the same areas as Bell.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NS_Smiles wrote:

Thank you @CannonFodder, I did check out the coverage map and seen the two towers owned by bell.

If the statement by @popping is correct, then my friend shouldn't have an issue with PM in Grand Manan.

Thank you to all who have answered my post. I am learning alot and with every bit of knowledge I gain, I'm happy to be with PM.

Welcome to PM and enjoy your saving.

NS_Smiles

Thank you to all who have answered my post. I am learning alot and with every bit of knowledge I gain, I'm happy to be with PM.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NS_Smiles 

PM is using Telus network.  Telus and Bell has tower sharing agreement.  Bell builds its network in the eastern Canada and Telus builds its network in western Canada.  By sharing agreement between them, they lower their cost build network across Canada.

The best way to check on the PM coverage is ask your friends with Telus or Bell service.

@kselmak wrote:

The reception should be same as Bell and Telus

@NS_Smiles  as @kselmak  said, whatever that reception is like..... more to the point, if you check the cell tower map on the following site, you'll see there's only 2 towers on the island, and they're both Bell: https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

K mobile and Walmarts have them

You can look for a store here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator 

The reception should be same as Bell and Telus

Welcome to public mobile

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

1 check coverage map

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage

2 yes go to Walmart they might give you a free one if you activate in store. Don't forget a referral code for $10 sign up bonus

Need Help? Let's chat.