cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Automatic Top-up $3 showing up on statement?

LunarDrag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys,

I was logging in to check out my account and found something on my payment statements that I have never seen before. It's listed under transaction type as "Automatic Top-up" with an amount of $3 in the Credits(payment) tab. 

I was just wondering why this is showing up... The only thing I recently changed was getting that 1GB of bonus data last month... but I'm not sure how that would change things seeing how I was already setup for autopay in previous months before.

Has anyone else had this additional $3 top up fee?

11 REPLIES 11

I've removed the self solution.

@LunarDrag Please consider giving the solution to one of the people who answered your question.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LunarDrag yep, as expected.  Glad it's all sorted out.

That said:  it's considered bad community etiquette to accpet your own reply as a solution to your thread.  Would you please consider un-marking it as solved, and then marking this reply from @cavemantoronto as the solution?  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/New-Automatic-Top-up-3-showing-up-on-...  That appears to be the first reply which explains what you were seeing.  Thank you!

EDIT: looks like @hairbag1 beat me by a couple of mins.  Even still, I think the reply I linked to above is the correct one to mark as solution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@LunarDrag wrote:

Oh! That's the solution. Previously I always had enough balance on my account to always pay for my plan in full of $25...

But only recently did I only have just $22 as a balance, so auto charged $3 to make up for the difference. I understand now thanks!!!

Good to hear you found an answer to your question. BTW...you've slected yourself as the SOLUTION...are you sure someone else didn't actually provide the solution ? You can change the SOLUTION by clicking on the 3 dots on the top right of dialoge box and re-assign the solution to whomever you figure got you pointed in the right direction. It would probably mean alot to them.

LunarDrag

Oh! That's the solution. Previously I always had enough balance on my account to always pay for my plan in full of $25...

But only recently did I only have just $22 as a balance, so auto charged $3 to make up for the difference. I understand now thanks!!!

@LunarDragBecause you only had $22 in your balance and the $3 is needed to pay for the $25 plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LunarDrag 

Somehow you got up $16. Look further back. Then plus your rewards it wanted just $3 to renew your plan.

Looks fine to me.

LunarDrag

Here are some screen grabs of what I see when I log in. I included the transaction history for the past 2 payments. Everything has been the same for the year and a few months until September when this $3 automatic topup showed up. 

automatic top up.jpg
automatic top up.jpg 2.jpg

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LunarDrag did you have an Account Balance of (your renewal cost - $3) and a renewal processed?  Automatic top-ups are usually only for renewals, and it will debit your registered autopay card for whatever is leftover to pay after any existing Account Balance and earned reward money (if any) is used up first.  It's conceivable that you only had $3 left to pay, but we can only tell if you follow @will13am's advise and post a screenshot of your transaction history.  Please make sure to crop out or remove/cover any personal info like name, phone number, account number, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@LunarDrag 

What else does it say in payment history. It sounds like you got charged $3 which would be the difference in plan price and your rewards.

You said it's a credit. It's possible someone was trying to do an instant top up on their account and the phone number was put in incorrectly...it was yours.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@LunarDrag 

What else does it say in payment history. It sounds like you got charged $3 which would be the difference in plan price and your rewards.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LunarDrag , would you mind providing a screen cap with personal information excluded.  This does seem like a strange payment item.  By chance are you renewing at this time? 

Need Help? Let's chat.