cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation

Nehamehta12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I got a new SIM recently and activated it on Friday morning with a $15/mo plan. I am using a Moto G handset. I still have no network on my phone. Please help.

14 REPLIES 14

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Where did you purchase the phone from?

Which carrier were you using the phone with previously?

What is the actual message that shows up on the phone with PM SIM installed: "No network", "Emergency Calls Only",  or something else?

With the PM sim inserted, try "calling" this code using the phone dialer: ##72786#

@Nehamehta12  if you look for available networks, does PM show up? Manually select PM as your network, turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart it.

@Nehamehta12 wrote:

I checked in compatibility 

it does have 3G

it doesn’t have a 4G

it should work

and I am not that worried about the data. I am only interested in calling. My handset is not actually catching any network 

Nehamehta12

I checked in compatibility 

it does have 3G

it doesn’t have a 4G

it should work

and I am not that worried about the data. I am only interested in calling. My handset is not actually catching any network 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think the XT1033 has any 3G. Is your husband with Rogers/Fido/Chatr? If so then that's why it works there but not here.

Edit: but doing some brief googling finds some uncertainty

@Nehamehta12 does your SIM work in your husband's phone and is your husband a PM customer? If not, which provider is he with? Thanks.

Nehamehta12

No it went fine when I activated it online but as soon as tried to use the SIM I never got any network

it is an unlocked phone for GSM SIM cards 

Nehamehta12

It’s Moto G XT 1033. It’s an unlocked device for GSM SIM cards. And it works with my husbands SIM card. 

Theres no network on it

@Nehamehta12 wrote:

Hi I got a new SIM recently and activated it on Friday morning with a $15/mo plan. I am using a Moto G handset. I still have no network on my phone. Please help.

By any chance, is your Moto device originally from Verizon?  Some of these devices have to have the network settings fiddled with before they'll connect to an HSPA network.

@JoyLuck wrote:

Are you saying everything works on your phone except your data? If it is data, log into self service to ensure you have not used it up. You only get 250MB on the $15 plan plus another 250 MB if you autopay.

***Correction***

You recieve NO data on the $15 plan. BUT if you set up auto pay you receive a bonus of 250mb of data. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nehamehta12 , if you are not getting a network connection, it could be the activation glitching somewhere.  As long as the activation is successful you should be able to connect to the network.  Other lower level faults can be diagnosed one at a time after getting a network connection.  Please check the online account for any obvious issues. 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nehamehta12 wrote:

Hey @Nehamehta12  

your device might not be compatible, can you give us the Sub-model?

is your device locked? Which provider were you using the phone with?

Can you try using the sim in a different phone if you have any?

As per compatibility its not looking to good, you can check it using this link as well

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Capture.PNG

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Are you saying everything works on your phone except your data? If it is data, log into self service to ensure you have not used it up. You only get 250MB on the $15 plan plus another 250 MB if you autopay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nehamehta12 - did you have any problems during activation?

Also, as mentioned , did you restart your phone?  More importantly , is your phone unlocked (unless it is a Telus or Koodo phone)?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Nehamehta12 try putting your phone in aeroplane mode for 5 minutes,  take it off and restarting your phone.  If this doesn't work contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Nehamehta12 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.