cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation

DEBUSSEY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi:

I'm trying to activate online with a SIM but I keep getting an error about the alternate number.  I am currently with Koodo and looking to transfer my number - any suggestions??

7 REPLIES 7

DEBUSSEY

Yes, that's exactly the same issue I had.  I finally got the issue resolved by contacting a moderator who was very helpful!  It was frustrating but good to know that should this happen for others, it's probably best just to restart the computer all together!

hjxiang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the same issue as yours. First I tried to transfer my number, but the server indicated that the alternate contact number went wrong. I input my friend's number and I know that the number is 100% right. Then I came to the Community for help where I saw your posting. Then I tried to get a new number as the answer suggested, but the **bleep** listing for the area had never showed up. It wasted my 2+ hours and was so frustrating.

You know how I solved the problem? Restarted my computer and input the same info to transfer my number. It finally got processed. Thank God!

DEBUSSEY

there was no offer to activate in the store, or I should say, the agent didn't say they could activate there.  I'm not on a prepaid Koodo account so I'm seeing if a moderator can help activate as it really don't seem to want to work for me.  The only thing the lady in the store said was that I had to activate the SIM online before putting the SIM in my phone - but as I can't seem to activate myself, I'm hoping the moderator can help.  I did submit a ticket and had a reply so fingers crossed!

Having a dealer do it wasn't an option for you? Free SIM card until tonight midnight eastern time and they deal with any problems, you walk out happy new PM customer. If you are Koodo Prepaid (not postpaid) the dealer would likely call the TELUS porting department and take care of that headache as well.

AE_Collector

DEBUSSEY

under the new phone number, there were no listings for region when I clicked on the down arrow - and when I try the transfer option, it gives an error message that says "OnlineActivation/PhoneNumber/LoadErrorMessage" - I'm beginning to think this was more trouble than its worth!!!  Not as easy as I thought it would be

DEBUSSEY

Thanks... I'll give that a try

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@DEBUSSEY wrote:

Hi:

I'm trying to activate online with a SIM but I keep getting an error about the alternate number.  I am currently with Koodo and looking to transfer my number - any suggestions??

Take a new number first. You can transfer later. If it's a prepaid number from Koodoo, you will need a moderator to transfer it.

Need Help? Let's chat.