cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation with No Service

ac04ya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my SIM yesterday and got a public plan. I Ported over my number from TELUS and received a message that my TELUS account was closed. My credit card was charged but I have No Service. My online account says it is active. I have received a couple text messages from Public about pins. I have sent a message to the moderators but no one is responding. I have tried restarting my iPhone 6, resetting network settings, changed the APN, plugged into iTunes, removed and reinserted SIM. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you! 

7 REPLIES 7

ac04ya

The Sim activation process did not go through properly. The moderators fixed it. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. 

Bananarama
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is your 3G enabled? I just activated my SIM card on an iPhone too and I had no service until I did that. Just go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options >  Enable 3G. I have an iPhone 4S so your options may be slightly different.

ac04ya

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it but no luck. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ac04ya  what plan does your overview page say you have  (click on plan details to expand)  and what is your available balance.  ocassionally the system can activate a plan with no calling features.  this is indactive of a positive account balance ( about  $10 less than your plan cost)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ac04ya wrote:

I activated my SIM yesterday and got a public plan. I Ported over my number from TELUS and received a message that my TELUS account was closed. My credit card was charged but I have No Service. My online account says it is active. I have received a couple text messages from Public about pins. I have sent a message to the moderators but no one is responding. I have tried restarting my iPhone 6, resetting network settings, changed the APN, plugged into iTunes, removed and reinserted SIM. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you! 

@ac04ya First off try restarting your phone.

While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ac04ya wrote:

FYI it can take from 5 mins to 48 hours for a moderator to respond...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you’ve waited more than 2 hours, and you’re still experiencing issues, you should contact Moderator Team. 

• send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. Make sure you provide the number you are trying to transfer, and the port transfer request information you shared at activation.
Need Help? Let's chat.